Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Anybody knows where to locate the guy was selling the Tiburon brake upgrade for Elantras? There are many references about Jay in older posts, also about Lia Hyundai in Connecticut. Thanks for any help.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
That was a long time ago. jay left Lia Hyundai close to 4 years ago? Or was it 3? The simple upgrade is 04 Sonata Rotors, 03-06 Tib calipers and pads. Done. Back in the day, he had to get tib rotors redrilled because the sonata rotors were no larger than the Elantra rotors.

So, go buy yourself some Tib calipers and pads, 03-06) and some 04 Sonata V6 rotors and call it a day.

as a matter of fact, Jay and family moved to Northern Indiana a few months back. . .sometime last fall.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Hey!, At lest you cant yell at him for not searching. :-D

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
In 04, all the V6's came with the 4whl disc. THat's the kicker is the rear disc setup if my Hyundai memory serves me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was a long time ago. jay left Lia Hyundai close to 4 years ago? Or was it 3? The simple upgrade is 04 Sonata Rotors, 03-06 Tib calipers and pads. Done. Back in the day, he had to get tib rotors redrilled because the sonata rotors were no larger than the Elantra rotors.

So, go buy yourself some Tib calipers and pads, 03-06) and some 04 Sonata V6 rotors and call it a day.

as a matter of fact, Jay and family moved to Northern Indiana a few months back. . .sometime last fall.
Done with the wheels and tires. It looks terrific. Just like yours. A little bit stiff but definitely a different machine to drive now. I used KYB-GR2, AG springs, 04 Sonata rims and 205-50 R16 Kumhos. Will post some pics on the week end.
For the brakes will follow your advice again. Sonata V6 after market rotors, slotted and drilled, by R1 Concepts, as far as calipers I have been thinking in XG350 double pistons, which opens a new question: The other parts, like the master cylinder and the booster? Anyway, keep working in my "Elantrissimo".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts