Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm on my 11th year with 82k miles and I finally "broke" something. Don't get me wrong, I've had maintenance and some break/fix, but this is the first time I've broken anything myself.

I was replacing the driver fog light bulb for probably the 8th time and that irritating, metal retainer clip snapped off. I tried wrapping a heavy duty paperclip with electrical tape and bent it, trying to use it in the same way. After taking out the headlight and tinkering for longer than I care to admit -- I had something. The paperclip holds the light in there, but not well. It would still move around and isn't in its proper seated position.

Has anyone else had this problem? Did you find a solution? I've searched this and all other sites I could find and no reference to a broken retainer clip...

I thought about ordering a new one, but the whole fog light comes as one assembly for ~$112. That said, I don't think I could even remove it without removing the fender fascia. Has anyone removed one of these?

Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
You should be able to replace just the clip. If all fails try the dealer for the clip. Its like a 2.00 part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts