Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hot Dayum

As if the 400-horsepower CTS-V Series isn't enough, we photographed General Motors' Performance Division engineers testing an even higher performance version.

Referred to as the CTS-V Series Plus by spectators at the Nürburgring, this CTS mule is said to be powered by a 6.0-liter V-8, and sources are estimating the horsepower to be in the 475-500 range. General Motors is aggressively testing this more powerful CTS, but production plans have not yet been confirmed.

The vehicle show here is actually an older CTS-V mule. The higher-performance CTS-V Plus uses a larger-displacement pushrod small-block engine, so the hood hump should disappear in production.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
:diablo: Screw the Accord CAI, how can I shoehorn a 6.0 in my XD? LOL

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
My dealership has a CTS-V due in here anytime now. 400HP screamin Caddy....to bad noone will be allowed to drive it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I love CTS-V. i'll take that over E55 or RS6 any day.

The XLR-V is nice too but it will probably come out with automatic tranny...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here is the CTS-V race car on the track on memorial day at Lime Rock Park. I didnt have my camera with me in the paddock (damm) but I did catch it on the track. Car looks very LOW in person:

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
Yeah those XLRs are great I got to check one out not too long ago!

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
I believe that...It would be awesome to go that fast just once in a controlled envirement to see what its like!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I will tell you watson, it is a thing of beauty. I almost got there in the Camaro about 5 years ago. Only got 153 before I ran out of road. I never thought that the car would squat down at speeds like that, but it did. If you ever get the chance to do it in a car that you know, jump on it. You'll be shaking for an hour afterward!

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
I dont like doin that though.....on a public road its too dangerous! Not worth the risk to me

1 - 18 of 18 Posts