Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had wheel alignment twice from different Goodyear service centers after replacing all four tires, but still my car won't go straight. The wheel pulls to the left and my car drifts to left if I don't grab the steering wheel tight. I didn't have any accident in the past. It's a mystery. The mechanics insist that my car goes straight, but I don't buy it and they voluntarily gave me money back ( I didn't request money back first. I just wanted alignment) while still insisting that the alignment is perfect.

The only possible thing I can guess it might affect wheel alignment is a strut issue. I had a driver side rear strut replaced a few months ago because of wheel bouncing and hydraulic oil leak from it. Someone suggested that I should replace both rear struts. I didn't change the passenger side rear strut because it didn't leak oil and it still doesn't leak. Can this condition (one side is new strut and the other side is old one, but still not bad) affect wheel alignment?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Could be your tires.
My car was perfect until I changed my tires.
The new tread pattern grabs all of the imperfections in the road surface.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The tires are brand-new. I just replaced all of them a month ago. I didn't have alignment problem in the past, never. I had no accident.

The computerized alignment report says the alignment on the machine is perfect, but it pulls to left on the actual roadway. Could it be a sign that there might be a problem in the tires? The tires are made by Hankook Co. in China. I believe Hankook makes good tires. I hardly believe it is caused by bad tire patterns, but is there a possiblilty?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I can't believe it hasn't been said yet.

It could just be as simple as the road that you're driving on. Roads are curved so the water will roll off of them instead of puddling, some places are curved more than others. That's why factory spec alignments have more camber on one side than the other.

I thought my mom's tucson had an alignment problem, because everywhere I went in town it would pull towards the right side. Then after driving it on flatter roads and highways, I realized that it's that our roads are curved more than most other places.

If not that, then it's just going to be a problem that you will have to get used to since you said that everything else was checked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts