Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you know how a gas pump will automatically ckick and turn itself off when the tank gets full. well imagine pulling up to the gas station with an empty tank and the pump will not stay on. that's my issue. i can't lock the pump handle cause something is causing it to cut off even though the tank isn't even close to full. i've been told that it is a faulty fuel vapor filter or valve??? if you have had this issue or can help me to save some money by telling em how to fix it myself i would really appreciate it.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
please search....your charcoal canister has exploded...charcoal is floating around the system and this is why you cant fill it up properly.

you will more then likely need...a new charcoal canister, canister close valve, and the two filters ontop of the tank. Along with cleaning out the hoses.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2005 GT has had this issue since day one.. The attendant usually inverts the pump and sets the pump lock thing. It always seems to happen when I am really low on fuel like when the low fuel light has came on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.