Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
2001-2010 Elantra (since this site started with the XD, which debuted in 2001, I would exclude 2000 Elantras). Member of EXD during some part of that time (2001-2010).

I think that's about it for minimums.

·
Banned
2,532 Posts
Only past COTM winners allowed to enter.

·
EVERYONE LOVES HYPNOTOAD!
1,361 Posts
Do you have pictures of all 120 or so prev car of the month winners? if so just put up a gallery and we can vote.

I would but my vote for ilanpro - he is the reason I am here. Both of his Elantras have been outstanding.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
im kinda bias...maybe we could do different cars for different areas?

best motor, best suspension set up, best appearence, most changed over the years...something along those lines.

i also think that the COTM should be the ones to chose from....maybe we can take updated pics too (i really dont like the feb pics from last year.)

·
chef 4 life
5,781 Posts
Current pics are a good idea, but the wrong time of the year for them! I don't think a dirty, salt covered pic is going to increase my already weak shot, lol.

·
Registered
543 Posts
As this was my idea that I suggested to James and then he put forward to the mods, this is what I originally thought would be some good rules for this.

"How about finishing off the decade with a "Car of the Decade" ?

Following rules:
Has to of won Car of the Month once
Be still a member
Own the car
Active...

Winner gets recognition on the home page all year
EXD t-shirt
Decal
Free Bluetooth Visor from DriveNTalk (I will throw that in)"

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Mayallo qualifies on all those accounts.

Seems like a moot point otherwise.

Would have been better if we had done car of the year for the last ten years instead.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I disagree with the "own the car" point. There were many great Elantras that were COTMs back in the day, but some have died prematurely. It wouldn't be right if there were better cars of the last decade that lost to a lesser car due to an accident.

Adding...

I'm also not sure about the active part. There were people who contributed more and won COTMs than 90% of the active community now, but for one reason or another are not hugely active. I think the activity of the user would weigh on people's minds when they were voting, but I don't think it should be a requirement.

·
Where's My Boomstick?
5,486 Posts
Mayallo's car is soooo ugly though!

While it may be one of the most modified and looks fairly well done, it totally looks like it came straight out of the fast and the furious. Is this really the image we want to portray when we declare a car to be the best of the past 10 years? What does that say about the elantra community?

·
A.K.A. ItalianSausage
4,131 Posts
uh tommy i dont think this is the right place for personal opinions on specific people and their cars....
I agre in waiting till the end of the decade to declare a COTD. But i have to say the member should still be an active member. even if they show up here and there it should be someone that hasnt shown up in the last 6 years, thats just not fair to others.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
What about someone like Xtrawld? She had one of the most drooled-over XDs, and was a COTM winner. She hasn't really been active here for a couple years - but her last board activity was within the last 2 weeks. Is that "active?" I'd think her car needs to be in the running for a COTD. Not sure she'd win, but at least in the running.

·
chef 4 life
5,781 Posts
Mysticelf would have my vote, and I know him and his pimped out XD have been gone for a while. Based on COTM is a good way to go as far as i'm concerned.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
We could go ahead with a COTD, but I think a car of the year would be better and something we should start.

·
7 psi tunned by poweraxel
3,203 Posts
what if a person wins but is no longer active? i think if the person wants to enter car of the decade he or she should post up their COTM pics and their own updated pics if any are available.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.