21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Car of the Year is not something that is a new thought, it has been mentioned numerous times once in the last 5 - 6 years. It just has not been feasible to do without some headaches. One being there are 12 months and only 10 choices for a poll, which means 2 polls would have to be set up for it to happen......wait what am I doing this thread is to discuss Car of the Decade, not Car of the Year....start a new thread for that. Not saying we won't do it, just that in the past it has been looked at being too much trouble to do.

Car of the Decade will also be somewhat of a hassle too, but it is for the last 10 years. And it will be a bracket type of polling, how many brackets will depend on how many people nominate their cars. Because there will be a prizes given to the winner (courtesy of SuperGLS and evilcalvin) they need to be active members, mostly because we don't really want to have to try to track someone down to give them their prizes.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ok then, this is what we will set up in place of the March COTM.

As for COTY, I think my fundamental attitude towards it has changed and it might be more genuinely considered. Going forward we won't waste our time doing the calendar (we sold 5 total this year, that's not enough for us to bother continuing). I might consider dropping the "can't run again for 2 years" clause in the COTM.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
what about this...for the next ten months we have a cotm...but along with that we do a car of the year for the last ten years?

meaning for this month we post up the 2001 cars then in feb we do the 2002 cars ect? then come november we vote for the top 10 winners of the car of the year for car of the decade? it makes sense in my head and even rereading it it makes sense "to me" does it make sense to you guys?

·
i <3 torque
3,946 Posts
I disagree with the "own the car" point. There were many great Elantras that were COTMs back in the day, but some have died prematurely. It wouldn't be right if there were better cars of the last decade that lost to a lesser car due to an accident.

Adding...

I'm also not sure about the active part. There were people who contributed more and won COTMs than 90% of the active community now, but for one reason or another are not hugely active. I think the activity of the user would weigh on people's minds when they were voting, but I don't think it should be a requirement.
im becoming active again ;) and i agree completely Mike!

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
^ wow you have been gone a long time dude
im still active just dont post much i like the idea of this though i just wouldnt be able to get any updated "clean" pictures for a while as my car is very dirty right now as we have had 6 snow storms this season so far

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
putting my hat in the ring...that is, if i remember to come back in the next couple weeks when it starts. lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, agree with some others members who would like a separate rally for COTD and another for COTY. Everybody can apply, with the pictures of their cars (from the past years too for CATD)...

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
I really don't see how they should have to be active, or nominate themselves. Why can't other users nominate them? Hardly any of the members who won COTM years ago are still active but I still feel that their cars would be a good representative of the community and should be consider if another member wants to suggest them.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
very true....but then we have a bunch of cars that are no more...nor can they update with current pics. if you want to take the pics that are there then ok...

are we still even going to be taking the car of the months and putting them up against one another?

if you have ten slots...we can put the last ten januarys against one another...then feb then march...ect.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
I really don't see how they should have to be active, or nominate themselves. Why can't other users nominate them? Hardly any of the members who won COTM years ago are still active but I still feel that their cars would be a good representative of the community and should be consider if another member wants to suggest them.
Because the winner is going to get prizes, that is why they need to be active (somewhat) and nominate their own cars.

very true....but then we have a bunch of cars that are no more...nor can they update with current pics. if you want to take the pics that are there then ok...

are we still even going to be taking the car of the months and putting them up against one another?

if you have ten slots...we can put the last ten januarys against one another...then feb then march...ect.
Not sure if we can do that, I don't know if I can get access to the archives off of the old site, plus they need to nominate their own cars.

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
Christ, this thread is brining people outta the woodwork. People that owned the Elantras that brought me here in the first place!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Wow, 10 years worth of cars, and only 42 votes.....this forum has clearly changed over the years, in many many ways.

Congrats to Mayollo!!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.