Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2000 Elantra died the other day and would not start. Basically I was driving down the highway and when i took the exit and my gas pedal lost all function. Then a few seconds later the car died. I coasted it off to the side and after looking everything over I tried to start it again. It would crank but never actually start. I had some issues with my fuel filter a while back so i first assumed it was either that or the fuel pump. I didn't have any tools with me so I pushed it to a friend house and then got a ride home. A few days later I went to check it out and it started right up. I quickly drove it home. As soon as I took the exit of the highway by my house it died and was doing the same thing. I can hear the fuel pump humming so I decided it wasn't that. I checked my codes and got a bad Crank Position Sensor and a bad Throttle Position Sensor. I guessed it was easy as that and just a coincidence that they both went out at the same time. I swapped them both out and then drove it around. It was good for a day but I didn't really drive it that far. Today when I was driving it, it once again failed on an exit, right beside my work. At this point I am totally lost. It only seems to be happening when I'm decelerating and it's just fine after it cools down. I know it's about time to change the timing belt and I was going to do that but could a slipped tooth be causing the issue? Any ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.