Voltmeter in ashtray compartment
Red accent LEDs

--Wish List--
XD2 Tail Lights

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed. I'm undecided on whether to put H&R's on soon, or wait until the stock shocks have reached the end of their life and replace springs and shocks at the same time...

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
u shud buy springs AND new struts, at the same time.

almost everyone here buys the KYB GR2 elantra struts.... some have the tibby struts.

you should buy springs, struts, and whatever other hardware u need to have 2 complete sets of struts n springs... so if u need to swap it out for winter or something... you can.

thanks to another member, i have a stock set up already pre assembled, and i also have my lowering setup already pre assembled. makes life alot easier if u need to swap em fast.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I emptied my car fund on the tires and wheels, so it may be a while before my next purchase, but thanks for the advice.

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
i mean... its just an idea.... having 2 seperate setups in the north could be useful if we get ALOT of snow... since u live a lil further south... it may or may not snow as bad and u might not need it...

but in any case... if i were you, id wait until u have enough money to buy struts and springs.

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
Oh damn, We have another MD member! Let me know if you need help with anything, I'd be happy to help.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I grew up in western PA, went to college in York, PA. Moved to Towson last summer to be closer to my job (the long commute sucked).

The winter here is so much more mild. Will probably just get 1 set and use them year-round.

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
Really you went to school in York? Did you go to York College of PA? I went there for a year and frequently travel up that way to visit friends.

I've had my tein lowering springs on for 4 years at this point and have never had a problem with the winters here.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went to Bradley Academy for the Visual Arts (now called the Art Institute of York). Lived in York for roughly 6 years. I liked it there, but I love Towson.

·
Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
York is ok, it has the small town feel to it but I can't stand the drivers there! Horrible.

We ought to get a meet together sometime, since we have some members around the area.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Updated the mod list and added 2 new pics. I've had the car for almost 6 months. Lovin' it more and more...

·
Sole USA XD in Holland
1,207 Posts
nice car and very clean look.. keep up the good work!

i'm riding H&R and lovin it everyday. gives the car a nice lowered look without extremely affecting the ride quality. we have speedbumps every half a mile here in holland and im still going over them without too much caution.

my rear shocks died when i put on the H&R's. replaced with KYB GR2's for the elantra.

lovin it everyday!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
About 1.5 hrs to Wilmington, 2 hrs to Dover? A photo shoot would be awesome, (no idea when I could actually do it) but awesome nonetheless.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts