156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2001 Elantra GT, Cobalt Blue
As of May 2004, with 50K miles

Kore CAI
SS Autochrome 4-2-1 header
Kore catback, 1 cat.

KIC Coilovers with 250lbs all the way around
Progress 24mm adjustable rear sway(set stiffest)
King Safe (SR) front strut brace.

Summer/Race wheels
Current - Stock 15" XD alloys with 205/50 Falken Azenis (cycled)
In some pictures, you'll see my old 16" Black Rota Slipstreams. They now belong to Carbonman

Allseasons
Stock 15" XD alloys with 195/60 Kumho HP4

Plus alot of other free mods, and non-performance enhancing stuff.

Me.. first time shooting..... and an abstract while playing DDR.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Silver.

I am believe that it's not the wheels that make the car, but the drop and the wheels in combination. As long as your wheels/tires fill the majority of the wheel well (lowered) and you don't have hub caps (or just steelies), just about any "wheel" will look good.

I really like that first picture too. it's one of my favorite race shots.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Casey has the best action shots hands down! I love the first picture and the one in the signature with VVVVVVVVRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!
How do you like that sway bar, Casey? Big difference after 19mm Tibby bar or not really?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks Talgat, for the compliments...

as for the difference between the 2 bars.. well.......

I took off the racing suspension in November. And because I couldn't get the F'in endlinks off, I had to remove the sway too. (long story, don't ask). So, basically, all winter I drove on stock, squishy suspension and no rear sway. just a few weeks ago, I put the coilovers back in (without the new springs I ordered ::grumble grumble:: ) and put the new bar in. I did get to race, but it was on all seasons, and on wet pavement.

I haven't really done much "race" driving to determine how effective the bar is, nor do I have a really strong basis for comparison. During the race though, the car reacted well to my Left-foot braking. I had the rotation where I wanted it. I would have liked MORE though, but I think it also has to do with my crappy alignment (and those darn camber plates that give me NOTHING! ). We'll just have to see what happens when I get some camber bolts, and my sticky tires on.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
im buyin his exhaust from him

·
Registered
174 Posts
What tyres are you using in those photo's, because you look awfully grippy. I can't wait till the Koni's get made so I can get a bit more performance out of my GT @ the autocrosses.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pancit I had 205/50/16s with about 2.5 drop

Pumba with the Rotas, I had on either Kumho 712s or Azenis. with the stock wheels I was on Kumho HP4 all seasons

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
i hope to get some awesome action pics tomorrow while up there :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts