Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
getting rid of it maybe but hollowing it out will mess the flow and you may lose hp

·
In da game for a while...
1,635 Posts
watson80 said:
just buy a hi flow cat

How exactly does it work? What is the difference if u get a hi flow or just hollow out the stock cat???

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Hollowing out the stock catalytic converter basically removes the restriction in airflow imposed by the catalyst which may free up about 2 hp. Unfortuneately it also screws up the emissions system on your car and can cause all sorts of other problems. A high flow cat will give you the horsepower gains without the sacrifices Watson80 is right.

·
In da game for a while...
1,635 Posts
slvrsleeper said:
Hollowing out the stock catalytic converter basically removes the restriction in airflow imposed by the catalyst which may free up about 2 hp. Unfortuneately it also screws up the emissions system on your car and can cause all sorts of other problems. A high flow cat will give you the horsepower gains without the sacrifices Watson80 is right.
Thanks a lot

·
Large Member
3,538 Posts
Anyone have any makes/part numbers of high-flow cat converters that will bolt up to the stock header / exhaust?

I know that replacing the manifold and cat-back exhaust as well will yield the best performance, but I don't have the $$ to do it all at once. I'm already installing the Kore cat-back exhaust, and I may change the manifold later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts