Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CEL light partcIII

:mad: O.k. for those of you that remember a couple of months ago I had a CEL for 2 different sensors ( TDC and MAP sensor)....well as I was cruizin from picking up mmy amp from the repair shop guess what gracied my eyes.....but another CEL for...you guessed it a third time.... :mad: ...hope the dealership doesn't say it was the amp wiring that cause the fault cause the amp wasn't even installed when it did....What's up with me and CEL's???

·
Too much time spent here.
1,258 Posts
Re: CEL light partcIII

I had one the other day, it was flashing and occurred after the car sputtered twice. I went to pull over and the thing stopped. I got home and checked my plug wires again. I bought them from a local auto store but thought something was wrong with them. I ended up having to do the same thing as Sed with his civic wires and this time they actually felt like they snapped on this time, I have no more hesitation and the car is back to normal.

I know exactly how you must feel when you see it. My heart jumped into my throat when I saw it. My first thought was there goes a couple hundred dollars now.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well called the dealership to make an appoitment for the CEL...well I was driving home tonight and looked at my gas gauge and noticed it was still at full....thinking if I just filled up I checked the trip meter and it read over 200...wow.....so I'm thinking the needle is messing up.....anyone think it might be the gauge face I installed and maybe crossed the wires....???HELP!!! :confused: :conf: :headshake :wtf:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
It is very possible. Did you have to do any re-wiring for the gauges you installed? If so, that could very well be the cause. As for the flashing CEL, that just means that the computer is detecting a miss. Which it sounds to me that you were already aware of that. So if it does that again (flashes) you know that is what it is trying to say.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Never flashed....its just on.....as for the wiring yeah...I used the dimmer ajuster and tapped into it and wired it back up....anyone know which is pos...neg and...grnd....one's black.....ones grey w/ black dots...and I think the other one is just grey.....I belive I hooked up right....but would that short out engine sensors

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well took it into the dealship and it was some sort of canster that needed to be replaced...whew... :clap: :drive: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmm well I hope its only one time for me concedering this is the 3rd time for a CEL.......

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
:abovelol: I hope so....hey southpaw my gas guage is on the friz....I have a face for the gauges and I had to wire it up by using the dimmer switch....if I'm not mistaken...there was a grey only wire....grey with black dots..and a black wire(the dimmer wireing harnes)...I spliced the postive(red) to the grey and the neg(black on the face power supply) to the grey with black dots...is that right or did I get the wires crossed :confused: it gets power and the dimmer still works(stock)....also which is postive...negetive...and ground on the stock dimmer harness???

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
04 elantra cvvt said:
THe canister purge valve. This is the valve on the top of the gas tank that relieves excess pressure in the tank. They are notorious for giving out.

Yea, mine went out as well, plus the canister was leaking like a fucker. They just replaced the whole assembly plus the gas cap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts