Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mean to plug someone shamelessly, but I can't help it. This guy in Florida makes his living selling wheel and tire packages dirt cheap. He does it on e-bay. Do a searh by seller and type in the name "Rimdealer". At last check, he had 318 sets of wheels and tires on there. I bought my 17" BSA's with tires (all brand new) for 500 bucks. After shipping and insurance they were $610. The deal was outrageous, and the wheels are great quality. I will recomend this guy to ANYONE!!

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
i want a set of black rims but gota save up money first bills suck

·
Do you Hyundai?
114 Posts
i have a guy that work as a rim dealer for my dealership for a set of 17" rims and michaline tires installed and computer balanced for $720 on any car. I am talking nice rims too i myself just need the money.

GTsmokeya

·
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
622 Posts
i was browsing through the rims he had and the section where it says if it will fit a hyundai, it says, "Hyundai (Non Captive Rotors Model)".......... and what does that mean, and how od i know if i have a captive rotor

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
i gotta great wheel guy too....hook ups are the best thing in the world

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I got mine from WheelMax too. Cheap is good... but just remember you get what you pay for. I had problems with one of the tires they sent on the rim. They tore the bead. They would exchange it, but I would have had to have the tire removed, ship the tire to them, wait for the new tire, have it remounted and balanced. It was cheaper to fix what they screwed up.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just remember that when you buy an expensive set of wheels, you are also paying for the support staff in case something goes wrong. I have found that even with these guys, trying to get anything warrantied is a hassle. I expect you will find this accross the board with the cheaper packages out there.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
i cant really find any rims i like except for a set on wheelmax i was looking to buy either 16 nor 17 inch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those of you who bought from wheelmax, did everything go okay? I'm considering buying some wheels from them, but I've read some horror stories on other forums- things such as 3 weeks for shipping, hidden charges, no inventory, bad customer service, etc.

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
Strife said:
Those of you who bought from wheelmax, did everything go okay? I'm considering buying some wheels from them, but I've read some horror stories on other forums- things such as 3 for shipping, hidden charges, no inventory, bad customer service, etc.
Well I've dealt with them. I actually bought my wheels from NuSpec Racing because Malik the owner is a good friend of mine. NuSpec has a wholesale account with WheelMax, and Malik was able provide better customer service than WheelMax themselves. But at one point I called WheelMax to ask some questions and as soon as they realized that I wouldn't be buying from them directly they told me "This is not an information service pal!" Needless to say, I was not impressed with their customer service. If you want to buy something from WheelMax, give Malik at www.nuspecracing.com a call and he'll take a lot of the frustration out of dealing with those idiots.

Otherwise, you might want to check out www.speedandstyle.com. I don't know about their service but it looks like they sell some better wheels over there. The REV wheels look really good, and they're lightweight and cheap.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Yea, that was one thing with Wheelmax too, I think they start at 17" rims.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts