Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
The only problem with those is they are inserts for the oem strut bodies. So you have to pull the guts out of your old struts and rebuild them with the Koni insides.

·
Registered
497 Posts
They are not that hard to do the swap out but at $147 a strut I would go with the Tibby Super Sport Strut and save yourself about $250

--NY

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i'm not too troubled with cost, and koni is a good name, what about the KYB strut houseings with the koni shock inserts? i think that would be a good set-up with my H&R springs...now i just need to find out if the housing of the KYBs is atleast 49mm in diameter.

wait a min, i think i'm missing something here.... the KYB gas struts that HP.com sells for 55.90 ea. is that JUST the strut, like, w/o shock, or is it both strut and shock?? someone please help.

·
-
471 Posts
SkizziK03elan said:
would that be hard?
I've done it on other cars and it wasn't difficult. There is one downside to strut insert cartridges like these; they don't dissipate heat as well as the original struts. This is because you now have two steel walls plus some airspace between the oil in the cartridge and the outside air. The airspace is usually filled with oil in order to improve heat transfer, but there's still a significant insulating effect from the oil and the extra steel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts