Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this is still 2.5 months away, and that i am new however the Chicago Auto Show (still the largest in north america) is gonna be in town Feb 9-18th. i am planning on coming up from St. Louis along with a couple of buddies, and meeting up with a few buddies from Teckademicseast. tickets are still only $10 and we are looking at maybe going out as a group afterwards. the more distant places that are looking to come are from NW Arkansas, Minn, and Buffalo new york. so props to them if they make it. However i wanted to extend the welcome to you all also.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I wish I lived in a big city that had a REAL auto show. Portland's auto show SUCKS!

The 2007 LA Auto Show is going to be starting next Wednesday for some reason. It generally runs in early January.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ghrpdx said:
I wish I lived in a big city that had a REAL auto show. Portland's auto show SUCKS!

The 2007 LA Auto Show is going to be starting next Wednesday for some reason. It generally runs in early January.
How far from VC are you? there is a pretty good import auto show there. tend to have a large gathering of exotics there too.... not sure when it usually is mid august if i remember right

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
^^ Did you mean "BC" as in British Columbia? If so, it's about 265 miles from Tigard, Oregon to Vancouver, B.C.

I'll have to do some snooping around for auto shows up there.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I take a day off work every year to go. It's too damn crowded if you try to go on a weekend. The best time to go is during the week, just as the doors open. McCormick place is F'in HUGE, so wear comfotable shoes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ghrpdx said:
^^ Did you mean "BC" as in British Columbia? If so, it's about 265 miles from Tigard, Oregon to Vancouver, B.C.

I'll have to do some snooping around for auto shows up there.
i meant Vancouver. there are a couple of shows there that aren't part of the International autoshow circuit like the Chicago, LA, NYC shows btut they are still ABSOLUTELY incredible.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
No, Chicago still holds the title for largest show in North America. It has more floorspace than the others, so manufacturers bring more vehicles to it. I beleive Detroit has more vehicle debuts than Chicago though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've always wanted to go down for it... maybe this will be the year!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts