Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a letter today saying that there was a class action settlement against Hyundai. Apparently they inflated their horsepower numbers (up to 7% on some cars). The Elantra was apparently over-rated by 2.5-4% and as a settlement I'm entitled to a $50 debit card or a $100 gift certificate at the dealer. Anyone else hear about this?

It applies to 99-02 Elantras.

·
Too much time spent here.
1,258 Posts
:repost:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
This is an old topic - but I'm not sure how many people are going to have a rebate because of it. I was told when I bought the car to sign on the dotted line indicating that I understood of the horsepower rating change. I won't be getting a dime. But I think people that bought the car without knowing about this "notice" will get some kind of rebate - cash, or some kind of factory installed option on their car, rebate on the next Hyundai you buy, etc....I dunno, but it's been around for quite some time.

·
*BARK*
155 Posts
3 people in less than 12 hours seems convincing to me... while I'm at the dealer today getting my car back into the groove of things(read: running) I'll see if I can get any info from them... then again some of these guys don't know the difference between their arse and a hole in the ground... :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.