Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Does your Hyundai have any detectable clutch pedal vibration?

• vibration in pedal - known clutch issue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • vibration in pedal - known tranny issue

• vibration in pedal - no known clutch issues

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • vibration in pedal - no known tranny issues

• no vibration in pedal - known clutch issue

• no vibration in pedal - known tranny issue

• no vibration in pedal - no known clutch issues

• no vibration in pedal - no known tranny issues

Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys/gals tell me how much vibration you feel in your clutch pedal from full out to an inch depressed?

I'm trying to diagnose a bearing problem and think it might be the throwout bearing; sound goes away with the pedal on the floor but is there with the pedal fully out and also an inch depressed. I also detect a slight vibration in the clutch pedal, so I want to know if any of you have pedal vibration AND known clutch or tranny issues, or no vibration and no known issues. Basically, how much vibration is normal.

Please post mileage also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been told on my car that the throwout bearing wears into an oval, and when in operation for awhile the metals expand, and sort of grabs at the input shaft retainer (or something like that) when it has turned on the shaft. I verified mine wasn't the clutch, as I had the same feeling after I shut the engine off. I figure if the bearing is not noisy, I'll drive it until something goes wrong. In the past I've had hot spots on my flywheel (from my 77 Camaro), and it made the whole dash jump and my radio at times popped out of my dash, due to the amount of vibration going on. But that was an extreme case. You might be experiencing a definate throwout bearing noise, as you stated the noise is evident at fully disengaged to slightly engaged. The pressure of the pressure plate fingers on the bearing tend to decrease the sound, but when not under pressure the bearing has play. Also pressure plate fingers being warped will give pedal pulsation or vibration. Sorry about rambling on their, but I remembered this from my Camaro days.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I HAD thi isue but now that I've replaced my clutch and flywheel (after 220K miles) I haven't had enough road time to see if it is till there .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts