Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2002 elantra VE with 138000kms.

I have owned it for about 2 weeks now and when i bought it it worked like a charm. started fine changed gears smoothly and sounded nice.

Just yesterday I found myself in a heap of trouble way in over my 17yo head.

I was going to smoke a cigarette in it and wanted to turn it on. shoved it in neutral and started the thing. started perfectly but when i pressed the clutch and threw it in reverse i got some very bad gear grind. same goes for every other gear except it wont let me shift... It starts in neutral and when i start it in 1st with the clutch down the battery just lurches it forward...

a clutch doesn't just fail like that does it? they wear down over time... this was working perfectly one moment than just decided to stop. its sticking like a fat chick after sweaty sex when i try to start it!!!!

maybe i just have to adjust it, maybe it have to flush it and get new fluid? i donno any help would be appreciated as i Know next to nothing about cars...

·
Acountabilibuddy
4,862 Posts
First of all, stop smoking. It's stupid, and makes you smell bad.
Second, check the clutch fluid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.