Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would start the northeast thread from Nova. All my fellow Nova nuts post up! How about restarting the request for a Nova meet? What say you?

·
Registered
499 Posts
NoVA, represent!! I am in Arlington. I'd be down for a meet. How about early June? That should be enough time to plan everything and for people take a day off who work on the weekends.

·
Registered
429 Posts
i'd be in. i'm from va beach. if i'm around i'm down. NoVA isn't that far from me. as long as i'm here

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about June 12 or 13 Thats the second weekend of the month (payday for me!) A BBQ at Burke Lake Park or somewhere similar, I say BLP because I know that there is plenty of free parking and they don't mind groups of car guys congregating. I saw an Acura club doing this last summer. Doesn't really have to be a huge thing just a little Nova meet and greet before the all powerful B-more meet in August.

Better make that Sunday the 13th, getting that Saturday off ain't gonna happen. Sorry about the double post

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Sounds like a good plan to me, I think you might have to inform the park beforehand if you bring a large group to BBQ though, once at Bull Run they asked me and 3 friends if anymore people were coming and since there wasn't nothing happened. I don't know, may want to check.

slvrsleeper said:
Better make that Sunday the 13th, getting that Saturday off ain't gonna happen. Sorry about the double post
Haha, you can't double post, this place is DP proof.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1 Posts
SuperGLS said:
I think you might have to inform the park beforehand if you bring a large group to BBQ though, once at Bull Run they asked me and 3 friends if anymore people were coming and since there wasn't nothing happened. I don't know, may want to check.
Burk Lake Park is a great place for meets! :thumbsup:
Unless you guys are planning to bring more than 70 ppl to the BLP you do not need to inform them, but if you do show up with 70+ ppl you better have a permit... hehe... unless you guys want to get kicked out like CapitalRSX was last summer. I would recommend to make reservations for an area. However, this of course costs some $$ and I'm not sure if anyone wants to pay extra, especially that there's an entrance fee $6/car for non-fairfax residents.

·
Backstage at RAW 7.19.04
197 Posts
NoVa meet for sure :cool: Let's not talk about it, let's do it :D

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As long as we meet on a weekend there aren't any parking fees, that much I know about BLP. Seventy people eh? I wonder who they sent to toss everyone out. Naptown playaz are always welcome in Nova, hell bring some friends. I was thinking maybe do the food as BYOBBQ to avoid the "I thought you were bringing the food" debacle, just a thought. Also I can't remember if BLP has grills, I think they do

Will check on the grill thing this weekend, just so I know how many they have. Do me a favor and post on here if you are coming. Also If you do or do not like the BYOBBQ idea, if nobody wants to bring their own food I need to know.

·
Backstage at RAW 7.19.04
197 Posts
Yes, I'm coming. I really have no preference in the BYOBBQ, as long as we have a meet, it's all good :D

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Squared away! I just couldn't wait till August to get together, The warm weather and all my "spring fever" mods being done has got me show off crazy. BTW kleen wheels going on this weekend, no more brake dust fo me!

The BLP meet is still on! Sunday June 13th how about 11AM for a start time? For the sake of simplicity lets just say bring your own food if you want to. Otherwise lets just get together all the NOVA (and other local) XD people for a change. This may be BlueGT's last hurrah with us before he goes over-seas for awhile so bring your cars and your friends to say goodbye. Don't let me down on this everybody I'll be real upset if I'm there all by myself.

·
Registered
499 Posts
You might wanna start a separate official thread for this meet. Like I said in my PM, I will definitely be there unless something really major comes up. Hell, I could be already gone by that time. Who knows... But right now it looks like I'll be able to make it. Hope to see many locals there!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts