Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
What to break next?
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original battery thats been in the elantra has been slow cranking on a regular basis lately. Putting a trickle charger on it doesnt resolve the issues. I figure 6 years is pretty decent life since it was the one I left the dealership with.

Nobody has the "special" fitment battery for my car anywhere. Autozone, Kragen, Napa, etc. The size code 24 is nowhere to be found. If you looked online they were very expensive.

Took the measurements on the old battery to Costco and bam.. replacement with almost dead on size and more CCAs. Fits nicely and bolts down tight with all the stock hardware. Figured I would pass it along.

Fitment code: 3
Group Size: 35
Item #: 12865
Price as of 7/10: $59
Warranty: 3 years free replacement, then prorated after to 100 months.

Hope it helps out someone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just would like to thank you for this thread. The Costco fitment guide listed nothing for my '02 Elantra, but this would seem to work. Going to check it out tonight. Just in case anyone needs to know - the dimensions of the original '02 Elantra battery are 9"w x 8"h x 6-1/2"d and it has a CCA rating of 550A

·
Registered
109 Posts
Very nice, you got a decent warranty too. I got mine from Advance Auto, but it was $90bux. My friend works at Acura and I could have gotten the 24 group battery cheaper, but never thought to ask him first.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just an update - I picked up a battery tonight at Costco for my '02 Elantra GT, and it's a perfect fit!

Fitment code: 8
Group size: 35

Seems like the fitment code has changed for this particular battery? Either way, it was a steal for $74.99 (CDN). Thanks again for the thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks everyone for the info in this post as I was able to replace may battery today with this info. One minor piece of info, I noticed after I removed the bracket around the battery that there is a bolt with a plate that holds the battery in place at the bottom of the battery. The bold required a 1/2" bolt remover. I also had to remove the air vent hose that is to the left of the battery in order to remove the bolt. If you have a long attachment on your rachet then the hose won't be an issue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wanted to thank everyone for this post, it saved me some money. I'd like to confirm the Costco battery does indeed fit in our car. I have a 2003 Elantra GLS, it was $75 + tax and a $9 core charge as of 02/02/2014. It fits perfectly, better than the 24F I previously had in there from AAA. This one has more power too, rated at 640 cca.

Fitment: 3
Group 35
Land vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts