Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
COD Pro
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all im ok and my car is still in driveable working condition.

Like the heading says my car has taken quiet the damage lately. First off my older bro wanted to move my car forward a bit so i let him drive it, he slams on the gas and hits the corner left of the car with the side of the garage. I wasn't mad at the time but i wasn't in a good mood at all. We didn't fix it completely just semi fixed it.

Week and a half later im returning home and i make a left turn and i dont complete my turn yet when an unlicensed driver who was stopped also gives it some gas and just t bones me!! first time i was ever in a collision and it didn't feel good at all. At first i turned too close and i scraped the car but then i see that they were at fault and offered to pay for all damages. So i get all there info and go to my uncles house and ask how much it would cost him to repair the car. he told me it would cost me 100 bucks just to get a pint of good paint and the rest he could easily fix for free. So i asked 500 from the lady who crashed me and she was very willing to give me the cash. So basically now im gonna fix my car and keep about 400 to myself to spend on whatever i want....maybe some rims are coming up ;D.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
UH dude, if you think you are gonna fix that dog leg for 100 bucks you are nuts. if he is gonna fix it for free, you will have a giant mound of bondo around your wheel well. you cant just bang out a dent on a dog leg like that. thats hundreds of dollars in work. you are gonna have a **** repair and you got ripped off by not handling it through the insurance. I'm sorry to say it to your face but that was ****ing stupid. you have no idea about what it takes to fix a car. Not only does the dog leg need done but the door id f'd up too. thats like 1500 for a body shop to fix. That was the dumbest decision you have ever made (i hope) to let an unlicensed driver pay you 500 bucks for all that damage. I like you and all, but you are dumb for handling it that way just to pocket some cash. You just wasted a perfectly good car

·
COD Pro
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha well the crashes were the little incidents, the second one did mess up my alignment and my rear suspension got damaged a bit too but thank god they were small and no one on either side of the car was injured in any way.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
sorry to be so harsh but you just wasted your car. and if anyone was to see that you ripped her off via this post, you are liable for fraud. you should have called the police and everything if he/she wasnt licensed.

·
COD Pro
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
sorry to be so harsh but you just wasted your car. and if anyone was to see that you ripped her off via this post, you are liable for fraud. you should have called the police and everything if he/she wasnt licensed.
how did i just waste my car? and actually if i was to fix everything that was damaged in the collision by a proffesional they would have quoted me more than 500 bucks and who knows what kind of paint they would of used.

EDIT: just read your first post, well yeah it would cost me many hundreds of dollars to fix proffesionally but ive seen my uncle fix worse. He does this for a living, he buys beat up cars, cleans em up and sells them for a big profit, he said what happened to me is small compared to what he is used too and i trusted his word. I see what you are saying though, im not saying you are wrong in any way, but why ruin someones driving privileges for a little bit more money, im not a greedy person, ill take what is needed and be contempt with that.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
UH dude, if you think you are gonna fix that dog leg for 100 bucks you are nuts. if he is gonna fix it for free, you will have a giant mound of bondo around your wheel well. you cant just bang out a dent on a dog leg like that. thats hundreds of dollars in work. you are gonna have a **** repair and you got ripped off by not handling it through the insurance. I'm sorry to say it to your face but that was ****ing stupid. you have no idea about what it takes to fix a car. Not only does the dog leg need done but the door id f'd up too. thats like 1500 for a body shop to fix. That was the dumbest decision you have ever made (i hope) to let an unlicensed driver pay you 500 bucks for all that damage. I like you and all, but you are dumb for handling it that way just to pocket some cash. You just wasted a perfectly good car

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I've had similar damage done to my car it cost insurance $2500 to repair it. I could have tried to fix it myself but it wouldn't be worth it.

Should have called the cops to get an unlicensed driver off of the road, and also it would put you in a position to sue her for much more than the money you got.

Now she can sue you and you can get raped out the ******* for it.

That was a stupid decision to make.

Hopefully you learned from it though.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Dude. Paying out of pocket is fine. But 500 bucks for easily 1500 dollars in damage is way out of hand. It's foolishness. we are not flaming him for the fun of it james. he messed up big time. And he ended his OP with "rims?" If he thinks he can get that dog leg fixed for 100 dollars, and the door, and if he does it and shows quality proof that it is done right then I will eat my words

·
COD Pro
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not saying that any of you are wrong in any way, but the way I see it is that my car is going to get fixed for both incidents and this way my insurance didn't have to get in the situation. Wouldn't this raise my deductibles or some other bs anyways?? if i can fix it with the money i was given then i have no reason to have more money. The only reasoning to both of your opinion is more money....why? This way I get my car fixed, some poor family keeps there insurance at a lower price, and I dont ruin someones daughters driving privileges.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
It's not about more money man...its about getting the property that you pay good money for, fixed properly. That is why insurance is law. to protect those that are wrongfully damaged. You deserve to have your car fixed properly and completely.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey I just got into a fight with an suv with my 2011 elantra
Well that was random as ****.

And alvaro... Probably shoulda handled it with insurance. BUT I fully understand you not wanting to get involved with insurance and cops. The one thing I ask is did you still get her information? Name and phone number etc. That way, if it ends up being more, you can still contact her. Just sayin

·
COD Pro
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Silver i definitely see what you are saying, i respect you, i truly do and what you say isn't just going through my head. But I handled it the way I wanted it and I like the outcome.

Hyundave yeah i got all her info, address, phone number, license, license plates, insurance info, car info all of it....i think i even got a bit too much lol

·
Banned
2,532 Posts
Epic FAIL. That will cost way more than $500. You got boned. A great example of what NOT to do.

·
COD Pro
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Epic FAIL. That will cost way more than $500.
OR it will cost near nothing at all, my uncle is a mechanic and is fixing it for free, therefore if my assumption is correct free<500....What the, does this mean it will in fact not be more than 500 :eek:!! shocking lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.