Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone! I'm Emily - the president of the Midwest Chapter of Crooked H. I'm looking for midwestern hyundai drivers to join our club. We are having our first meet on April 23rd and 24th at Cordova Dragstrip in Illinois.

Saturday April 23rd: Fun Day

This is the first Fun Day of the season in Cordova and the gates open at 11:30, racing is from 12 to 4 pm.

10:30 to 11:30 am - Meet and Greet in Cordova.
12 to 4pm - Drag Racing
Saturday Night - Head to Moline or Davenport, check into motel, go out to eat, hit the clubs or whatever anyone else is down for.

Sunday: SCCA Auto Cross

I am still waiting on more information on this but, what can be better then some Auto Cross?

I am going to do some checking and see if we can get a group rate at a motel in Davenport or Moline.

Right now, I am not setting anything in stone and just kinda playing it by ear (I am an easy-going guy like that). Please post if you are coming or if you have any suggestions on what to do.

For more information on the drag park, go here: http://www.cordovadrag.com/

I need everyone that is in the Midwest to post on here if they think they are interested in joining Crooked H or just coming to the meet. I would like your full name, e-mail address, and where you are from but if you prefer not to post that in public please IM me. We need to get the Hyundai seen out there in the Midwest! Thanks!

1. Emily Jacob - [email protected] Peoria, IL (Pres)
2. Brandon Mangin - Iowa Representative
3. Lawrence Symons - Indiana
4. Eric Groth - Wisconsin
5. Kabir Sarin - Wisconsin
6. Adam Raehtz - Michigan
7. Adam Arens - Minnesota
8. Cody Hanavan - Missouri
9. Dan Flemming - Illinois (VP)
10. Patrick Olds - Illinois
11. Derek Westby - Minnesota Representative

EDIT we have about 23 members now, too many to post

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

I have a couple new members so i'm trying to get the word out more. We will also have a website up soon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, we're trying to get things finalized. The drag strip opens up at 11:30 on Saturday morning (the 23rd). Racing doesn't actually start until noon. I will try to be getting in town about 11:15 - 11:30. They have a nice sized parking lot sitting on the main road in town so you will for sure see everyone. The cost to race is $15 - that covers insurance, safety crew, and track prep. PLEASE SEND ME YOUR NAME AND HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE ATTENDING TO WATCH OR RACE WITH YOU. That way I can get a discount on spectators. As or right now it is $8 for adults and $3 for kids 6-12 but if I send them a list it will be $5 for adults and free for kids. http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...110&spurl=0&searchtype=search&cat=Race Tracks sorry so big, that is the link to the dragstrip for directions.
Registration for autocross is from 9:00-10:15am. If, and only if, this is your first time ever, the entry fee is $10. The cost is $16 for SCCA members and $24 for non-members. A $5 late fee will be charged after 10:30am. We need to get everyone through tech/registration so that the workers will have time to get everyone entered into the computer. When arriving, consider the fact that it takes time to walk the course and you should walk the course at least three times. This means you have to be through registration and tech well before 10:30am. Please get to registration at 9:00am. A valid US drivers license and Snell M90 or SA90 or better helmet is required. For more information on that go to www.sccagrr.com

So thats it for the actually dragging and autocross. When I get the info on hotels and hanging out that night I will send another e-mail. In the meantime please send me a list with how many people are coming with you and who's racing and who's watching. If you also would like to caravan with people from your state e-mail me and ask for a list of people from your state and you can contact them. Any questions feel free to e-mail me back!

Emily Jacob
[email protected]
AIM: lilem4276
RDTIB.com and NT.com: emstib1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts