Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Low is a Lifestyle
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So im looking to order some Diamond Racing Steelies/Wheels. Buuuuuut i need to know a couple things before i ask for a quote, things I'm not sure about are in bold, things i do know are in regular.

So I'm wondering if anyone has ever used some wide tires like 10" and whether i they will fit into the front of the car without rubbing. Also if i get the backspacing right then that will also prevent rubbing. Im thinking of using a 5" backspacing but i might use a smaller one, maybe 3" instead, that would also help with the tires being flush with the edge of the fenders.

Size: 15"

Width: 10"

Bolt Circle: 4x4.5"

Bolt Pattern: 4x114.3mm or 4x4.5"

Backspacing: 5"

Finish Choice: White Powdercoat

Application: Asphalt

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
Should be spot on with 5" of back spacing. It's gonna poke like crazy! Is your elantra lowered? You do know they aren't d.o.t. Approved right? I think with that back space it would put you at like a -38 to -44mm offset. If these are for dd use I'm stoked right now for you!!! It's gonna look so dope!

·
Low is a Lifestyle
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reply to Slyderdai

Is your elantra lowered?
no, it isnt, but i figured that i should get rims before lowering it, because if i lower it the steelies i have will still look like s**t. so what im going to do is order the DRS (diamond racing steelies), and take the tires i have now and stretch them over the DRS.

You do know they aren't d.o.t. Approved right?
im emailing them for a quote, so im going to ask for the (08) option, the Beadlock Kit to be pre-installed.

I think with that back space it would put you at like a -38 to -44mm offset.
negative offset? im assuming that means the rims will poke outside the fenders by like a....holy ****!:eek: 1.5 inches; as thats approx what 38-44mm is in american measurements. thats a lot of poke!! idk if i want that much poke. how would i get rid of that offset, by increasing or decreasing backspacing?

If these are for dd use I'm stoked right now for you!!! It's gonna look so dope!
haha everything on this car is for daily driving. its my only ride lol. im excited too i just hope the quote doesn't break the bank. they still haven't gotten back to me, so im gunnna shoot them another email. but heres a couple of cars i like with diamond steelies

307373_10150301014743737_585448736_8046404_470266069_n.jpg

honda-civic-eg-white-diamond-racing-steelies.jpg

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
Here's my truck with Bart racing steelies 15x10 -44 offset with 195-50-15 tires stretched on there.

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts

Also this should be helpful

With a 15x10 wheel and 5" of backspace you would get 0 offset and have to have poke for a 10" wide wheel
I'd get a 15x8" wheel with 0 offset to set it flush with the fender. Then lower the living daylights out of it!

·
Low is a Lifestyle
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oooooh i actually forgot the fact that my stock wheels are inside my fenders about an inch and a half. with that negative offset, my rims would be about flush. it took me about 10 mins to figure out the chart. i might actually increase that backspacing by an inch to 6" so that i have about .5" or 14mm of poke. by the way your truck is badass. how much lower are you gunna make it?

slyerdai said:
Then lower the living daylights out of it!
i plan on buying Raceland Coilovers to lower her (my car, named Shelly) 3" and buying the R34 bodykit but after i buy these wheels i will be out of funds for a while. im planning on stretching my stock tires over these steelies. the stock tires i have are on the factory steelies, but im in NH at the moment so i dont know what their exact specs would be but do you think that would be an insane stretch? i think our stock steelies are like 6-7" so i dont think the stretch would be too insane. i would love to know your thoughts.

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
It will have a decent stretch with the stock tires. 195 65 15 I think is the oem size so you'll have a little more sidewall to keep a relatively smooth ride.

The truck will be 3" lower in the front and 2" lower in the rear for a total of 6 and 7 all around. I'm working on a 4 link setup in the rear with coilovers and a welded diff to get this thing to drift better. I have a thread around here somewhere and the season is about to get underway so I'll have lots of pics and updates to share.

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
The oem specs on the hb are the same as the elantra. When I had my elantra I did the same homework because I had plans on some diamonds for it as well. I will go measure the steelies I still have from it and get back to ya.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts