Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Girl
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband is looking to fiberglass his whole dashboard. I found a couple of sites that have a pre-made fiberglass dashboard...but I am a little worried that it will not fit. Is there any sites that sell Hyundai fiberglass dashboards? He has a 2000 Hyundai Accent. The only pic I could find that would explain what I am talking about is shown below. Please let me know if you have any ideas:)

He tried to fiberglass the dashboard himself but it did not turn out the way he wanted. I think it had a lot to do w/the paint he bought. Anyways, i just wanted to pass this by you guys to see what I he should do....is it better just to take it to a professional? :confused:

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm?categoryid=1&subcategoryid=332&partfamilyid=1105&brandid=0

·
Registered
422 Posts
well let me put it this way my friend Gary owns his own Body and Customs shop and this is the dashboard in his RSX

Personal I'd have a professional do it then you know that everything is going to work out well.

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
lol, am I the only one who thinks that looks like ass? a shop will charge you a shitload to do a custom dash, whats wrong with the stocker?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I don't think the Elantra's dash needs to be drastically changed to look good, just some minor changes can make it look really nice.

tharptroy said:
lol, am I the only one who thinks that looks like ass?
I think so. It looks good because that is the look the owner was going for. Would I want to drive around in it? Probably not, but it doesn't look bad for what it is trying to be.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well its a show car and has won at damn near every show its been in so weather you feel it looks like ass or not it still catchs folks eyes . oh well . I also think you could have worded that a whole heck of alot better to but hey who am I to judge.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Guess said:
well let me put it this way my friend Gary owns his own Body and Customs shop and this is the dashboard in his RSX

Personal I'd have a professional do it then you know that everything is going to work out well.
all this and he still uses a ghetto ass pep boys wheel cover?? haha

·
Registered
422 Posts
Another wonderful comment christ you guys are getting to be unreal. So sorry that we are so above every other car that we are going to pick out something and make comments about it its stupied shit like this that makes me question leaving the site. I posted the pics to help Jlivan you want to make a comment that has to do with something other then the fiberglass do it in another post. Because seriously I don't think you should talk unless you have put even half the time and money in to your own car that he has. And yes guys I'm goin to take it personal cuz the car happens to belong to a very good friend of mine so you want to flame take it else where.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Guess said:
Another wonderful comment christ you guys are getting to be unreal. So sorry that we are so above every other car that we are going to pick out something and make comments about it its stupied shit like this that makes me question leaving the site. I posted the pics to help Jlivan you want to make a comment that has to do with something other then the fiberglass do it in another post. Because seriously I don't think you should talk unless you have put even half the time and money in to your own car that he has. And yes guys I'm goin to take it personal cuz the car happens to belong to a very good friend of mine so you want to flame take it else where.

dude, i love that guys rsx interior...

but i dont understand why anyone would put that much time into it and then put a ghetto ass foam wheel cover on their steering wheel.

i would suggest a beautiful wheelskinz cover to truly finalize the interior.

·
The Girl
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the advice.....yeah, it's probably better that someone professional have it done since he messed it up the first time. Hate to waste all that money on his car and not on my elantra ;)

I actuallly think that car looks pretty cool, that sort of thing should be done only when your in competition.....going to work and things it's not really necessary.

......and i totally agree will you SuperGLS, I would of left it the way it originally was. Since he messed up the his original dash there is no way of going back to stock....unless...we can get a stock dashboard.....I guess will have to take a trip to the junk yard.

·
Registered
422 Posts
yup I most deffently have Ruahighlander shes actully going to be in one of the upcoming issues of Honda Tuning with her car they took the photo's for it at the Big Show. The reason I know them is cuz I hang out With damn near everyone in Streamline.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.