Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!! I'm trying to replace my cv axle. I'm having all kinds of problems!!! I cant get pins out and I don't know what to do. Does anybody have step by step instructions or maybe a diagram to help out with reinstalling the new one? Thanks!

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
ok....from memory...

pull the wheel
remove brakes (caliper and pad holder)

remove the 32mm bolt (obviously the cotter pin needs to come out...bend it straight and tap it out with a hammer)

remove the 19mm nut that holds onto the lower ball joint (DO NOT REMOVE THE STRUT BOLTS!!!!...you will need an alingment if you do)

you can not remove the axle from the knuckle. tap it with a deadblow...it should just pop out the other side. if not you need to spray it down with some PB blaster let it sit and try again. last one i did i had to my air hammer to get it through.

put a large screwdriver or a pry bar inbetween the axle and the tranny and pull it out. be careful not to rip the seal. (if you did not drain the tranny you will do so now hahah )

im sure i might have missed a little couple of things but thats the basic jist of it.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
if you cant yank the pins out, vise grip + hammer (once they are straight like he said above) = easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts