Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's over, Firefox. You have been great, but it's time to move on. Spring is a time for change... and I'm changing browsers. Yes, it was something you did. No, we can't fix it now.

Firefox, you've been weird lately; You won't let me open more than one window, and my add-ons appear to be working at random. ABP is working, but the options are gone. I can't even trust that you close when I hit the "x" button... often times you keep running, maybe with someone else? I've already tried to re-install you several times, then re-download all of my add-ons. Then I tried you stripped to your inner core. You're even beautiful like that, but cold and fragile. So it's gotta be something with you... maybe an update or something? So often you silently try to improve yourself, however I rarely see a change in you. I don't know what it is but I'm not going to spend more than the hour I already have already spent to fix our relationship.

I've gotta say that Chrome is hella faster than you, but she doesn't have your looks. I use my browser for function over form, however. I'm sorry that we didn't work out... maybe when you re-invent yourself (like you always do), we can talk. Until then, goodbye and good luck. It will be hard for a while, but I'll get over you.

-Qyn

·
That's Mr. Detail to you
728 Posts
Weird. Firefox works fine on my pc. I use Safari on this one though. I never tried Google Chrome.

P.S.: I think Firefox wanted out of the relationship.

·
Carpe Noctum
2,462 Posts
Sounds like the external processor is faulty. ;)

·
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
10,969 Posts
I've been using FF since version 0.9.3 with zero errors.

Blaming the software doesn't change the fact that it outsmarted you. ;)

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
I've been using FF since version 0.9.3 with zero errors.

Blaming the software doesn't change the fact that it outsmarted you. ;)
same here ... but I did found out that sometime firefox process stays open for a few minutes after the window is closed!

Also, I hate Chrome for one reason ... I always install my software NOT in the default folder (my "Program Files" folder is pretty much empty minus for the "default" softwares that comes with Windows). But Chrome won't let you do that and it install itself in the "Docment and Setting" (how freakin weird is that?)

·
You best be trollin foo
4,053 Posts
same here ... but I did found out that sometime firefox process stays open for a few minutes after the window is closed!

Also, I hate Chrome for one reason ... I always install my software NOT in the default folder (my "Program Files" folder is pretty much empty minus for the "default" softwares that comes with Windows). But Chrome won't let you do that and it install itself in the "Docment and Setting" (how freakin weird is that?)
I've seen more and more companies install their programs in the "user" directory, it's a permission problem with Vista (all files in program files X86 or program files are read only), well not really a problem persay more of something they don't want to take the time to figure out, it's just easier to put it in the user directory if it's giving them a hard time.

Blizzard does the same thing with WoW, they even go as far as to dump it in the public/games directory.

It's sloppy but it works.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I use firefox at work for my "personal browsing" and IE for business use. Obviously FF gets used more. I have noticed that in about every new release of FF, it gets a little slower, and a little less stable. It does annoy the crap out of me, but not to the point that I've turned to Chrome or Safari (yet).

·
You best be trollin foo
4,053 Posts
IE is still the best for rendering .asp applications... obviously.

Firefox is good for everyday surfing, especially with the ad block extension, although some sites do find ways around it.

Opera, Safari, and Chrome work great but to be honest I'm in love enough with the ad block extension that until they can come up with something similar for the others I'm staying with Firefox.

The fastest browser I've seen currently is Safari, but again I'd rather go into a warzone in a tank than a Ferrari.

·
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
10,969 Posts
Opera, Safari, and Chrome work great but to be honest I'm in love enough with the ad block extension that until they can come up with something similar for the others I'm staying with Firefox.

The fastest browser I've seen currently is Safari, but again I'd rather go into a warzone in a tank than a Ferrari.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I was disappointed in the lack of an add-on application for Safari such as ABP.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Nice job Qyn!

I too have been having a host of problems with Firefox. I've stripped it of it's add-ons, and yet, even when I close it, within 60 seconds I receive a Mozilla Crash Reporter box. So, let's see, that's about 10 times a day I receive this box, 10 times a day I hit send to Mozilla, and that's 10 times a day Mozilla should be receiving **** from me. You'd think they would have fixed the ****ing issue by now.

·
Platinum Member #1
2,010 Posts
It's over, Firefox. You have been great, but it's time to move on. Spring is a time for change... and I'm changing browsers. Yes, it was something you did. No, we can't fix it now.

Firefox, you've been weird lately; You won't let me open more than one window, and my add-ons appear to be working at random. ABP is working, but the options are gone. I can't even trust that you close when I hit the "x" button... often times you keep running, maybe with someone else? I've already tried to re-install you several times, then re-download all of my add-ons. Then I tried you stripped to your inner core. You're even beautiful like that, but cold and fragile. So it's gotta be something with you... maybe an update or something? So often you silently try to improve yourself, however I rarely see a change in you. I don't know what it is but I'm not going to spend more than the hour I already have already spent to fix our relationship.

I've gotta say that Chrome is hella faster than you, but she doesn't have your looks. I use my browser for function over form, however. I'm sorry that we didn't work out... maybe when you re-invent yourself (like you always do), we can talk. Until then, goodbye and good luck. It will be hard for a while, but I'll get over you.

-Qyn
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHH!!!!!

thanks man, i needed a pick-me-up this morning before my celebrating starts :D

i wish i could sig that but its way too long

Firefox causes my Macbook to run hotter. Safari keeps cool.
quoted for truth.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts