Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
time of year is coming through again for the detroit int' auto show. this year, it is running jan 14 - jan 22. i will be up for the last weekend (20-22) of the show. right now, me and sean (yamaha) are planning on heading up, will most likely meet w/ dave (2loud2k2xd) and waiting to see if nick (projectx515) is coming. im hoping to leave columbus around 1-2ish, get into winsor canada around 5ish, check into a hotel, then out for a night of drinking/strip clubs. sat morn, wake up, drive back into detroit, to the auto show (15 min MAX drive) go to the show saturday, if dave is still up for it, party sat night, and leave sunday.

still waiting to get confirmations from people involved, but this is what im hoping for.

small chance may have to be moved to the 14-16 weekend, but i have to see what work says. my mandatory sat for jan is the 21st, but ill see what i can get worked out.

·
Workin'
3,150 Posts
Evan, fool. I posted about this a couple of months ago. I'm going down to the show on the 14th, and I asked if anyone wanted to meet up there.

Let me know. My father in law is going up on the 14th, which was why I was going. He's been inviting me for three years now, but I didn't want to get my brother in law upset because I wasn't really part of the family then. Anyway, I might come back down the second weekend if that's when you decide to go.

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well if you got plans to go on the weekend of the 14th, i can talk to sean and nick and see if they would want to do it then. friday night will def be a drunken night in winsor.

·
Workin'
3,150 Posts
well, it's a 2 hour drive from here, and that's nothing in my book. So I really don't mind coming down both weekends. Honestly.

Sorry for calling you a fool as well.

I don't know if I'm being picked up on the way through for the show the first weekend, so I might not be in the elantra. If you go the second weekend, I would definately have my car. It's up to you at any rate.

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i talked to sean and he said he can do the 1st weekend. im gonna talk to work tomorrow, and see what i can do about the 21st, because its my 'must work' saturday. 14th may work out a little better. and i didnt realize how close you are. my drive is going to be 3 hours there.

depending on how many people come up w/ me, i might not have the XD. if theres 4 people or more, im gonna see about gettin my dads kia SUV, so itll fit 5 comfortably, plus luggage.

·
Workin'
3,150 Posts
Cool. Keep me posted.

Everyone else, feel free to reply in this thread as well.

Evan. If you see this cool looking fellow around the show...feel free to go up and say hey to him. It might just be me.

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
I may go to the show on the 21st, gotta check my work schedule though

·
Player to be named later
3,334 Posts
I used to go to the NAIAS every year when I lived in Detroit. I even worked there a year or two when I worked for convertible top maker and customizer ASC. I wish I could go this year...

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
even if you cant get the tickets, it wont be that bad. theyre only like 10-12$ each.

·
Workin'
3,150 Posts
Evan, I'm posting in here to stay away from cluttering keyans thread on his springtechs.

Anyway, I'll go out to a club with you guys, for sure, but I won't go to a strip club. I'll buy you a drink, I'll be a DD if you guys need, but I do have to apologize for being a killjoy in advance, but I don't go to strip clubs, any other club, sure...sorry man.

·
Workin'
3,150 Posts
I don't think that he got the wrong dates, he was originally planning to go up for the second weekend, and then hang around for a day in windsor or detroit...not sure though.

I'm going to be there this weekend (hoping that I get the time off work)

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah. orginal plans for 2nd weekend, but work killed that for me. ill bo going 13-15

dave - is it still cool to party sat night?

rob - we'll have to work somethin out about partyin in canada. too bad you dont drink or go to strip clubs. hmm...what to do

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
whats the deal w/ no strip clubs? since your married?

remember - different area code, it doesnt count.

and youre not touching them?!?!?

·
Workin'
3,150 Posts
Well, for now I'm not going to get into a huge thing about it, maybe later I will start a thread/poll about who thinks it's being unfaithful in marriage to go to a strip club.

However, I will say a couple of quick things. :hijacked: I didn't go to strip clubs when I was in a different hemisphere (she was here and I was in Australia), so I'm not going to be persuaded now. I think that it's cheating to think about another woman when I have a perfectly great one at home. And lastly, I'm a christian and I just don't believe that going to strip clubs is apropriate.

I'm not going to stop being friendly with people just because they want to go, I'm not that kind of all self righteous guy that's going to try and guilt you out of going. If you want to go, it's up to you, and I won't change my opinion of you either. I'm also not going to try and preach to you either, just makes people pissed off. I'm going to try and blend in as much as I can, without compromising my beliefs.

So, like I said, I'll hang out with everyone up until the strip club, then I might go and do some other stuff for a while, and maybe come back and hang out a little longer when you're done there. You're a cool guy evan, I'd hang out with you twice in one night, haha.

·
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ah gotcha. ill leave it @ that

·
circuit track whore
3,820 Posts
this saturday night, well see. maby ill bring kelli to the auto show with everyone else that shows up. and im not down with going across the border either. i have no probs getting into canada, but coming back to the USA, i always get harassed by the border patrol and held up an hour or so. so party in the USA, not out of it.

and strip clubs when your married or with someone IMO is also a bad idea...unless the other person is cool with it.

so your coming up this weekend?

answer your phone evan..ring, ring. :)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts