Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
06 GT Silver 5M
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I added a SAI to my car thing was annoying becasue the bolts on the stock air intake were all stripped at the heads and threads :mad:
But in the end some wd40, anger, and tools my SAI was on. damn was it loud when I first turned the car on but it quickly settled in and it was a good thing, than the test drive ... que WTF! my low end acceleration was pitiful and became oh so frustraded but later that day I had to make a trip on route 80 and than I figured out what I think happened. The power band seemed to shift between 40-100 mph she jumps like a jack rabbit accelrating like nothing at least compared to before. So what it comes down to is did I imagine this or is it possible that the power banmd shifted? I only have this mod and ground wires. TIA

P.S. Lag is verynoticable now at 4000 rpms in 4th gear (overdirve on my auto) it dropped from 4000 to 3500, but quickly climbed agian... and the dealer wont fix it errrr!

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
thats sounds weird....i never heard of something like that happening before. But I could be wrong.

·
06 GT Silver 5M
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually needed to reset again :p the first one didn't take and I think it's because my dad wanted to "try it" and I think he just romped on the gas which is a nono after a reset. So it seems to be ok, but that lag problem is more noticable in the 4th (automatic) I can push the car through it, after it drops, much faster than before, but I see a stronger drop, the short air's end touches the battery a little I will try to get pictures later its kinda raining right now :p thank you for checking out the thread and helping too :)

·
-
471 Posts
Don't take any crap from the dealer!

If your car qualifies for the ECU reflash, don't ask, TELL him you want it done! If he refuses, tell him you're going to file a complaint with Hyundai, then follow through with it if he doesn't do the work. There is no excuse for a dealer refusing to do warranty work!

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
Yes, you absolutely qualify for the ecu reprogram since you have now complained about it. TELL them to do it like bnystrom said.

2.001 what is your best 1/4 mile time? Not to hijack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts