Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that I won't be able to make it to the Hills Meet because Gena and her family are taking me to Disney World for a week at the same time as the meet. So I just wanted to tell all the people in Florida that I am driving my car (Gena hates flying... damn) to Disney this summer.

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im getting those now, but from the looks of it, we may be leaving around June 16 and staying for about a week or so. I just have to pony up the $130 for a 5 day pass. In all honesty, I just want to go to Epcot (yes, I know I'm a nerd). The down side is that I would have to stay in a room with her grandfathers and they smell like beer and piss, so I may just try to stay somewhere else by myself.

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
because since she is afraid of flying i would be stuck in teh airport for about 10 hours until she "catches" up with me. so id rather drive down with her... could be fun

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
Vampyrate said:
because since she is afraid of flying i would be stuck in teh airport for about 10 hours until she "catches" up with me. so id rather drive down with her... could be fun
I guess because im going to college to be a airline pilot I would rather fly anywere then drive, plus I can stand putting alot of miles on my car.

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im with you on that one rob, i would love to fly, i mean hell, i worked for an airline for a year and a half and got to be around planes every day for 10hrs a day. but yeah, it was either take my car or her corolla, so i put my foot down and at least when i get bored i can drive my elantra to meet other members. cant really do that in a stock corolla...

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Epcot=#1 WE are the coolest Disney park...Magic Kingdom is overpacked with kids and Animal kingdom is a ZOO, and MGM is just too small...but Epcot is THE best!

Seriously, while at Epcot, head for Soarin first and get yourself a fastpass...otherwise be ready to wait in a long-*** line for it. Check out the boatride in that building, itsa got some interesting stuff (All of which I could easily tell you about since its burned into my brain. Mission space and test track are neat but very weak thrill rides IMO.

Best food in Epcot: Garden grill, has a nice all you can eat section with lots of great food.

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^how much is a fast pass? if its not too bad, i want to try to get one for me and Gena

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Fast passes are free.

Basically, it's a return "ticket" back to the ride at a specific time so you don't have to stand in line for 2 hours. The idea is this: Either you go to a ride, stand in line, wait time 45 minutes, and then do the ride for 5 minutes, OR, go to ride, grap a Fast Pass from the electronic machine, tells you to return in 2 hours, go do something else, come back to ride, go in Fast Pass line, all the way to the front of ride, and enjoy your 5 minute ride without waiting/wasting time in line.

It's a great concept and it works. Trust me, it will be your best friend while you are there. It's really the only way to get your money's worth out of the parks.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Yeah...but some rides really shouldn't have fastpass...like the boat ride i work on...but others definitely need it. Soarin fastpasses go out by 1230 pm, since its #1 in all disnye right now. And after that, I get *****ed at all day about none being left (Mind you, I don't even work AT soarin, just in the pavilion its in...)

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gotcha, it will be a secret only me and Gena will share... wont tell anyone else in our group :)

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
handy little fact that few people realize...you can only get one of them at a time, and please, when you get it, LOOK at the ticket...make sure everything is alright with it. Since you are taking your girlfriend down, discreetly look into dining with her at the coral reef restaurant in the living seas...I believe you can have the scuba divers swim past your table and hold up signs with messages from you to her. Can be a very romantic thing to do if you time it right.

Hmm...other cool spots...near virgin megastores in downtown Disney theres a nice spot by the lake to just walk with her at, and when i think of other cool stuff to do with a date/significant other, I'll fill you in.

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i swear, you need to be there with me to point all this **** out... i cant find enough paper to write all this **** down

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
hehe, don't worry, by the time I'm done here I'll be able to write the definitive guide to Disney, from an employee point of view...just be ready to sell off one or two of your mods to be able to afford food here...there really isn't anything reasonably priced here.

(I pack my lunch cause even the Cast Cafeteria is overpriced...thats just wrong...)

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im going to disney this summer, we're leaving on the drive on the 16th of june so since her parents are pussies and dont know how to road trip, we prolly wont be there until the 18th. i know i can make the drive in one sitting, ive done more by myself. but this time i'll have someone in the car with me.

·
Old timer
298 Posts
Not to butt in here but I will be taking the family to Disney that week also. We will be flying so no car :mad: We would have the wife's van anyway if we drove down. We get there on June 17 and leave on the 22nd. Keep on posting here about your plans and perhaps I can stop by and meet you all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts