Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
221 - 230 of 230 Posts

· Enthusiast
385 Posts
If I'm thinking about what I think you are. It needs two washers. one sits inside the tube and the other is inside that cap that gets swapped over. I ignored this o my XD1 and my car was cutting out from low fuel pressure, and it drove fine for a while when I first swapped out the fuel filter but got worse.

Found this picture on Google but its from our forum

Gas Plastic Drink Cylinder Plastic bottle

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi there everyone.

I have a 2005 Elantra and almost reaching 90,000 miles. The maintenance manual says to change the filter every
52,500 miles and I don't believe mine has every been replaced.

Thinking of replacing in the next couple of weeks. Do I need to replace the fuel pump as well. What is the recommended mileage interval to change the pump?

Thanks.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have a 2003 Elantra GLS, and I'm currently experiencing a problem when the engine is cold. What happens is that when I start the engine in the morning for the first time, when I accelerate revs go down, then it accelerates hard, like if it is unsure whether to accelerate or not (hesitation-like behavior). It only happens when it's cold, once it warms up, it works properly. I've replaced the air sensor, spark plugs, air filter with no avail. I was wondering if the fuel filter can be the issue, and if someone else has experienced this problem before?. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wicho.

· Registered
2 Posts
Check the connector to the fuel pump inside the assembly that you had to take off. I had the same problem and found I had not seated the connector all the way. Really the only thing it can be unless the pump went bad all of a sudden and what are the odds.
can you describe what is this connector and how do you seat it all the way?

my problem is this:

replaced fuel filter. got all 4 washers plus cap from old filter. engine won't start. saw there is a fifth rubber washer that nobody mentions anywhere and transferred that to the new pump. still won't run.
when I turn the key to On, I can hear the pump turn on for 2 secs and stop. if I do this 5-6 times and then try to start, engine will start and then die immediately. seems the pump is not pumping when the engine tries to run. it pumps only for two secs when the key goes from Off to On position.

any ideas??

· Registered
2 Posts
replaced fuel filter. got all 4 washers plus cap from old filter. engine won't start. saw there is a fifth rubber washer that was not in original instruction
and transferred that to the new pump. still won't run.
when I turn the key to On, I can hear the pump turn on for 2 secs and stop.
if I do this 5-6 times and then try to start, engine will start and then die immediately.
seems the pump is not pumping when the engine tries to run. it pumps only for two secs when the key goes from Off to On position.

any ideas??

221 - 230 of 230 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.