Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not sure if I posted this on the old forum or not, but can anyone help me w/the wiring for the GT gauges to make them fit in my GLS? Or give me an easy alternative. Thanks!

Can someone move this to the DIY section please!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
not sure but the ECU on the GT and GLS should be the same Maybe give Jay a call and ask him to compare the 2

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dammit! This is where I got last time. And since there was no easy answer, I just put it on the back shelf! Hey... didn't I get these from you ilan?

·
Registered
149 Posts
AngelBaby said:
Dammit! This is where I got last time. And since there was no easy answer, I just put it on the back shelf! Hey... didn't I get these from you ilan?
Yes you did Fate Dont give up just Give Jay a call

04Elantra said:
we arent talking 04 clusters here are we Ilan?!?!?! ;)
No we are not this is for the 01-03 but I think is the same for the 04 Wiring harness

·
Registered
454 Posts
I can try and get you the pics of the GT cluster(just need to open the box) and GT harness(this might take longer need to take the dash out) could these be obtained from HMA Craig?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
they may be on HMA but the last time I was lookin for similar items they only had one variation listed

they might also be in my Korean Parts book but that won't give a good detail of what we're looking at

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
sorry to burst everyone's bubble and be the bearer of bad news, but there are some serious differences between the GT and GLS clusters, rendering them un-swappable.

first, the GLS cluster has 3 harness connectors, the GT has only 2.

second, the pins DO NOT match up even closely between the sets of connectors.

third, it's not a simple ordeal to swap out the harnesses. the connectors that attach to the cluster are part of the main vehicle harness. you would have to dismantle most of the car to remove it.

sorry.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
What about just changing out the faces of the gauges and the led lighting, if that would be possible? Keep the same 'electronics' on the inside of the gauges, just change the outer appearance. I dunno, just an idea rather than giving up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Huh, ok well that sounds like a good idea. I might just have to settle for that then, until an electrical guru can figure out an easier way! Thanks guys...

·
Registered
638 Posts
What about making up some adapters?
You'd need a schematic from both models and the plugs from the GT wiring harness to plug in
If you can't buy suitable plugs for your original harness then count how many pins are in each and buy couple sets of plugs - Sortof like a trailer adapter so to speak (you know the ones from 7 pin round to 7 pin flat etc)
Or another way would be to cut off original plugs and splice the plugs from the GT harness into your loom (but this would then be irreversible)

Just couple of thoughts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
you may still have a problem if you splice the 50+ wires into a GT cluster. for one, the gas mileage computer and miles to empty may not work, since those signals come from the ECU. i am not sure the ECUs are the same between the GT and GLS, jay may be able to tell you that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts