Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who own cell phones, don't forget to add them to the Federal Do Not Call List www.donotcall.gov . The numbers can be legally published now, which means telemarketers will be able to get them.

We started getting spam text messages on our work-issued cell-phones yesterday, so that reminded me to register my personal cell phone.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I did mine the first week the list came out

·
Golf Addict
212 Posts
Ever sice I got my cell phone, I've been getting fax calls from an unidentified number. It really drives me nuts. The only thing that pisses me off more is the pre-recorded messages.

-Roy

·
Registered
429 Posts
once i start to get calls on my cell then i'll add it up. but no calls to date

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Hmmm, I think us Canadians luck out this time round....is it a US based co. that is tracking numbers? I remember this coming into effect a while back and I attempted it....no dice. Is it still the same?

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Basically, it came down to a decision that cell phone numbers can be legally listed, like a phone book. That means that this list can be obtained by telemarketers... placing your number on the do not call list, makes it illegal for telemarketers to call you, if they do infact, obtain a list with your number on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts