Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Do you allow people to drink/eat in your Elantra?

• Yes - Drink

Votes: 29 19.3%
  • Yes - Eat

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Yes - Drink and Eat

Votes: 74 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • Never

Votes: 23 15.3%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Yes,drink and eat.Like Rob said,it can be cleaned up

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
OPZ said:
Depends what it is. But NO ONE can smoke in the car, at all. Cause of the tint and all, haha.
Ohh hell yea man, I will only allow 3 ppl smoke in my car cuz they are nuts with there cars... My father, my friend Jose and my friend Chris.

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
robs02elantra said:
you don't let people eat in the back seats, but you let 3 people smoke in your car?
haha I know its weird but my 2 buddys and my father are also the ones that I will allow to eat in my front seat.. No one can do ANYTHING but sit in my back seats, lol.

·
tWiSt AnD sCoRe
362 Posts
I'm one of those "enjoy every moment for the best it can be" people. So I allow pretty much anything in my car. I am a smoker, so any of my friends that smoke are allowed to as well. The only things I don't allow are pot (becoming increasingly popular to do in the car nowadays), and any kind of open alcohol.

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
robs02elantra said:
do you have any surefire ways of getting rid of the awful smell of smoke in the car??
Yes sir.. Well a open window always helps, haha. Then I have this spray thats a odor eater, I spray it every day in my car and it takes out any odors.

But then again I have leather so odors dont stay in the car. Odors absorb in fabric.

·
Workin'
3,150 Posts
03SilverBullet said:
Odors absorb in fabric.
Like headliners and carpet?? haha, I'm not meaning to sound like I'm trying to tell you what to do, heck it's your car you do what you want. You just always seem to try and keep everything factory condition on your car, and do such a great job of it. I was a little surprised to hear that you let people smoke in there.

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
robs02elantra said:
Like headliners and carpet?? haha, I'm not meaning to sound like I'm trying to tell you what to do, heck it's your car you do what you want. You just always seem to try and keep everything factory condition on your car, and do such a great job of it. I was a little surprised to hear that you let people smoke in there.
Thanks man.... I mean I dont let ppl smoke in it everyday, and when I do its only a few people I will let. I think since I had the car only 2 people have smoked in it a few times.

·
i <3 torque
3,946 Posts
menallychllngd said:
you can eat and drink in my car just be clean about it. don't throw a picnic. smoke as long as you are cautious. if i light up its hard to tell the passenger they can't.

if i dont like someone ive been known to lock the windows before they get in and tell them i have a wiring problem and they cant smoke in the car...lol..but my window shall always roll freely :D

·
Sober
1,823 Posts
I'm taking this question quite personally, and considering myself a person...
that being said, I allow 'people' to eat, drink and smoke in my car.

When food or smoke is involved, the HVAC has to be on at least at the level 2 setting with outside air coming in, and window/s have to be down.
Props to Hyundai for the near-airtight ashtray, that thing is great, but I use a separate one most of the time anyhow.
This one time, a mate of mine burned the seat cover by lighting a rolled ciggie and the tobaccy fell out. :mad:

PS: My car doesn't smell like smoke unless I'm smoking + for about 10 minutes afterwards.

These are the rules that you must follow and obey.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts