Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Do you park/keep your Elantra in a garage?

• Yes

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 13.6%
  • Yes, but it doesn't matter

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • No, but I would like to

Votes: 65 49.2%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
i could for the next month or two until we move out of here if we could ever get the garage door fixed

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
mine has been in the garage for 4 months and now its at the bodyshop's garage for a week so i voted yes.

·
Sober
1,823 Posts
When I first got the car, I left it outside, but eventually (4 months later...) I got very annoyed at all the dirt & pollen which kept ruining my detailing efforts.

However, after some mods, I felt a duty of care deep within, and made the decision to keep the car in a locked garage whenever possible. Now I wouldn't have it any other way, it makes it so much easier to keep it clean!

I get anxious when I leave it in parking lots, even if it's only for 10 minutes! I'm paranoid...

·
Su-Fi
269 Posts
A) We don't have a garage.
And 2) There are 4 cars at our house (I'd like to think mine is the nicest, although my brother just got a very nice 02 Nissan Sentra Spec-V)

So, that would be a no for me.. although, I'd like to just for cleanliness issues like others have said... Plus that whole snow thing in the winter... ugh. Gotta love the northeast. I'm not too worried about someone breaking into it or something happening to it... I live on a dead end street in a nice neighborhood.

·
GT_Lightweight
243 Posts
Yes but only because my wife's '06 Passat is too big to fit! She was going to get it when we moved into this house but parking it was a royal PITA so she parks outside on the gravel drive ;)

(1 car garage + gravel drive that can contain 4 cars)

·
Registered
589 Posts
lol no too much stuff in it...plus to many car at the house 1 car garage full crap and five other cars inline for the spot in the grage before mine

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
if only i had a garage to park in :(

·
the world ends dec21 2012
1,294 Posts
LOL garage!? i only park in my parents garage when i come home every month or so

other than that its bird crap and weather everyday

·
Registered
350 Posts
no garage here. condo all the way. we don't even have covered parking. I'm constantly washing bird sh*t off. I'd be happy with covered parking right now, much less a garage.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Yep, the truck is on the "manual door" side of the garage and the Elantra and wifey's Suzuki are on the large door side with the opener. The bike sits between the 'lantra and truck, making it easy to get out and ride. Did I mention how large my little garage is? :D

·
Too much time spent here.
1,258 Posts
I live in an apartment that has an underground garage, plus there is a hose so I have an option of washing it underground.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have a 2 car garage & in my family we have 4 cars so the oldest cars stay out side, but on certain occations it gets in for a night or 2 & it likes it :) Especially in the winter, makes starting & warming up happen much faster.. & cooler in the summer

·
Registered
55 Posts
When we were first looking at homes, My wife kept bringing up these houses with a 1 car garage. So I told her look, just so you know, since I am paying for the house, the Accord is going in FIRST! If we get a house with a 1 car G then your outside (all year), and I don't want to hear it. So after that she brought home stuff with a 2 car G. So now she has her car in there, next to the Accord.

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
That was one reason we built our house. I had to have my garage space. That's why I made sure the garage was 24x36.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Yes, cuz it's my wifes ;) , but I maybe getting another XD soon and with only a single garage, one will be outside regardless... :(

·
Registered
386 Posts
During the summer, When the 19's are on it draws attention...unwanted attention. It was broken into last summer, back hatch window smashed out and blood spot all over exterior, just to try to get my $100 Dual subwoofers from Best Buy. HAHAHA, it was screwed down to the car, they got all cut up. We are getting another car for my wife now so now it will be parked in at all times probably. So long stroy short...half-n-half garage life. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
the rules at the house have always been the two nicest/newest cars get the garage...so my XD and my sisters honda (05' crv) get the garage, across from our driveway at the condo is a parking pad with two spots...my truck and my moms car reside there

1 - 20 of 32 Posts