Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
no longer missing
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally I'm just about ready to get my rims. Kids are expensive! Does this sound right for rims and tires? 17x7 114.3 bolt pattern 40mm offset with 205/45/17 or 215/45/17 tires. Anybody with 215/45/17 have any rubbing issues?

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
I like them I looked at getting those wheels too but then went another way.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
They are good, but Motegis are very common. As for the rubbing issues with 215 - you might have a problem...some people that have them on this site are fine while other experience difficulties. Depends on how low your car is too and the wheel gap involved.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have 215/45/17's. The rim is a 17x7 with a 40mm offset. I also have a 1.125" Eibach drop, and have not experienced any rubbing. The width of the actual tread of the tire you select could make a bit of a difference too. Lots of tires are 215 millimeters wide, but their tread may be anywhere from 185 to 205 {just examples} you should be able to get those specs at www.tirerack.com

·
Registered
741 Posts
My 225s rub but the rear end is slamed right now too so thats not helping. If you have a drop, you might run into problems but you should be OK.

·
no longer missing
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
ilanpro04 said:
Do something original Not another Elantra with Montegis Please!!

just what I wanted to hear. I dont know what to get. I was seriously considering these but couldn't decide because of just what you said I'd be another elantra with motegis.

I have apex springs I just never put them on cause I was waiting to get the tib struts. So I guess what I should be asking is does anyone with tib struts and apex springs using 215/45/17 have any rubbing issues? Ilan do you have any ideas for wheels for a rally red hatch? Anyone? I kind of wanted to go with gunmetal but not sure. I'm just so confused! :confused:
BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :birthday:

How about these:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/wheels/nakvad.large.jpg

or these:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/wheels/nakzor.large.jpg

·
no longer missing
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
OdessitP - when you said the first ones did you mean the first post or the first one of the next two that I posted?

Blue - I like those but I have something against rims that dont have an even number of spokes unless they're 5 spoke. The ones you showed have 7. You can all call me crazy it's all right I am.

Elantra2.001 - I didn't even think a 225 tire would fit without rubbing all the time. You learn something new every day! What kind of drop do you have?

Ilan - I kind of like the first ones but they look too busy for me. and the second ones have the same problem as the ones blue suggested.

Supergls - the second ones are only available in silver chrome or hyperblack. Now is hyperblack the same as gunmetal, I dont have a clue. Do you or anyone else know? Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks all for your help and suggestions.
I'm just really picky And as my wife would say a pain in the a$$
If anyone has anymore suggestions please let me know.
I never thought shopping for rims would be this hard.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts