Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
dum de dum de dum
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is this dragstrip that im thinking of going to. so i have a couple of questions. warning some of them may seem stupid but its my first time and im too lazy to research it thoroughly.
- do they let automatics race?
- can i race with all the aftermarket stuff on my car ex: exhaust, cai?
- do i need to wear a helmet?
- do i have to have a roll cage in my car?
thats it for now. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
429 Posts
in order of your questions.
yes
yes
only after a speed/time that our elantras will never reach
same as the one above

·
dum de dum de dum
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i don't think my elantra will be that fast. i was thinking about old dominion speedway in manassass, but i don't know yet. when do u go to capitol?

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
yes, they'll let you race. I think (at my track) its 13.99 or quicker requires a helmet, and 11.99 or quicker requires a roll cage. you wont need a helmet or a roll cage until you have some serious performance work done.

·
dum de dum de dum
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i looked at capitol's website. ill probably go there either this friday but most likely next friday. looks like a lot of people go there according to their website.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yes, go to Capitol. Maryland International Raceway is nice too but it is a little more expensive.
Old Dominion is only 1/8 mile track. Good for working on launches but you can't really compare results with others b/c most people go to 1/4 mile tracks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
there is this dragstrip that im thinking of going to. so i have a couple of questions. warning some of them may seem stupid but its my first time and im too lazy to research it thoroughly.
  • do they let automatics race?
  • can i race with all the aftermarket stuff on my car ex: exhaust, cai?
  • do i need to wear a helmet?
  • do i have to have a roll cage in my car?
thats it for now. thanks for any help.
I think no too all of the above, u sound like u don`t need a roll cage, but check the NHRA, or IHRA rule book or where ever u r, being as effortless as u r u better check the rule books or u will be rejected from running

1 - 12 of 12 Posts