Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, I'm hitting the SoloII in Peterborough on Sunday June 6th and after that's done with, I'm heading down to Mosport for the drift exhibition. Check this link Driftnation
So if you want to see the top drifters and a 1000hp Skyline GTR34, it might be worth the $25 entrance fee.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
There was a driftnation competition somewhere around my area last year - meet or some show was on the same day so I didn't attend it. Heard it was cool though - tonnes of 240's!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Alright, I can't even begin to describe how awesome DX2 was, I've never seen drifting in person until last night and I was completely blown away by the level of car control these drivers have, plus the capabilities of those Silvias! I have pictures, but I'm still old school, so I have to go develop the film before I can upload anything. I missed the Signal 1000hp Skyline running around the track, but I did get right up close to it and took some pictures. The amount of customized cars in the parking lot alone was pretty neat. And I'm also really impressed with BFGoodrich tires, who supplied Signal with the tires for their Silvias. By 9pm only 2 of the 5 cars were running after incidents involving concrete walls. The drivers raelly are showmen, pleasing the crowd with crazy antics like "chunky" Bai who sat on his driver's door, with one leg and arm straight out, while he did a huge smoky donut between the concrete walls. I should have had a video camera for this event, still pictures do it all no justice. If you missed this, you really missed something amazing.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Yeah, a friend of mine went - he said it was WAY better than last year. I'm surprised there were only 5 cars though - I mean I know they come from Japan and all but that's it?? I guess I'd have to be there in person to see it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, a few more cars running would have rocked, plus if they had a better track to drift on, there's only so many ways to go around an oval sideways... all of them good though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts