Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
It is a direct fit and you could do the install yourself. If you are not that expierenced with it though you might still want a shop to install if for you. You do not have to make any modification to it though to make it fit. Unbolt your stock exhaust bolt in the EVO one

·
Registered
9 Posts
actually you do have to make one mod to make it fit right. you do have to cut the bumper alittle so the muffler doesnt rest on it . i had a shop install it and they did all the cutting for me. i guess you could not cut it but then you might run into bumper warping due to the heat??

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dyno of this exhaust promises incredible results, however, this dyno was done on a elantra 2001, while I have a elantra 2003, Im not sure I can expect the same results
The dyno is found on this site

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ry=33630&item=2480270226&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Do you think I would get the same results with my 03,
and
Is there any better exhaust systems to get for the elantra, and if so where can i get it and how much do they cost?

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
$300 is as cheap as you could ever hope to find something like that. The exhaust alone has never made 20whp on any stock elantra, it never has, and it never will. Their sales pitch is blatantly deceptive. I feel like I've earned the right to say this since I lost $150 of my money to test it. Bad salesmen aside, the product ships in a timely fashion, is of relatively good quality, will give you 5-7whp and 5-7 lb-ft of torque, and is dirt cheap at current prices.
Installation is very simple, and only a (metric) ratchet set, jack, two jackstands, and a little soap are needed to install it. make sure the ratchet set you get has up to 19mm sockets in it (the size of the nut you have to take off is somewhere between 17-19mm). jack the rear end of the car up and put it on jackstands. unbolt the factory exhaust from the catalytic convertor back to the muffler. use soap if needed to remove the exhaust from the rubber hangars, then bolt the new stuff up where the old was, and you're good to go. cutting the bumper is optional really...have someone do it if you want.
the dyno tests are in the archive under the beta II engine performance section

Personally, I think it would be a mistake not to try to install something like that yourself.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I probably will install it myself for future experience. Also thanks for the list of tools I need to install it, that is going to helpme hardcore!
sorry for the 150 dollar lost. Glad you took one for the team! well thanks
if I have any more questions I will ask

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
onelove, you must be a scrawny ass dude to get under the car without lifting it =P

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have an EVO Fusion header and the stock muffler and it sounds pretty farty I want to put a muffler that is not going to be to loud and that sounds deeper suggestions

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
:D Evo fusion header, Magnaflow 6 inch straight thru, hi flo cat, Evo fusion cat back. Sounds like an M3 when you mash it more like a stocker at idle. Whole system took me two months to figure out but it is PERFECT now

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Whoops, sorry for the slow response! My system is set up as follows: Header, Team Sr downpipe, Magnaflow hi flow cat about six inches after the flexi section. Eight to ten inches beyond that is the six inch diameter Magnaflow straight through muffler, this is about eight inches past the flange for the cat-back which has shorter mounts to keep it up under the car. The second muffler was the solution to all the problem I had after installing the header (noise wise anyway)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yeah i gave BlueGT and SuperGLS a lesson on brakes and would have remove Blues exhaust for him but the nuts were rusted and i couldnt use the impact wrench since it was so late.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts