·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, figures, i'm always the last to know something =P

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
I've kind of been tinkering with the thought of maybe going naturally aspirated with like a 50 shot. any chance that the real ecu can raise the rev limiter to 7500? (obviously I'd have the engine built to withstand the increased rpm)
dont really know why I asked the question here, i should probably email real with the question and post the answer here

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
If i could get them to give me an extra few hundred rpms then that would help alot in the n/a department... I would like to rev to 7000 rpms.... considering that My car currently redlines at around 6600 rpms.. that would be an extra 400 rpms to use ! :)

on the other hand, it will make little or no difference with nitrous since nitrous will pull equally through the gears using the stock rpm limit...

and its also a little safer since the redline is kept lower while spraying...

its a trade-off..

the best compromise would be to have them raise the rev limit and re-tune the fuel curve but NOT to advance the timing above stock levels..

that will allow you to have more usable rpm range AND safely spray nitrous...

:)

·
Blown GK
220 Posts
yes the red line can be raised, it is on the NA program.

I will see if a raised redline only is something we would like to do.

the ECM CAN be tuned for a TC set up, but it would have to be done in real time at the moment.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I sent Real Engineering an E-mail this morning, asking if the chip is compatible. No reply so far, if it will work I am buying one ASAP. I'll keep everyone updated.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
I like the fact that the real ecu doesn't require higher octane fuel. I might have to look into one of these after the wedding.

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
$400 is kinda high for me. For about $350, there's another company that will reflash the ECU and you get more HP and lbs.ft. However, ya gotta use high-octane gas, so it would be a trade-off.

Man, I'm tired of seeing all this stuff for the 03's....hope it doesn't take too long for things to become available for my 04. Can I use the S-AFC on my CVVT motor? If so, how much of a gain can I expect? And is it worth the money?

·
Registered
2 Posts
um so what parts are available to prep engine for 7k redline ? i dont see kspec or anyone selling valve springs or nothign like that

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Ok I got a response from Rick at REAL this morning. Thier ECU is only compatible with Siemens ECU equipped cars, which may mean 03's cars only. I will try to find out which ECU my 01 has and try again

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Does anyone here know where the manufacturers ID is on the ECU? They were made by either Bosch or Siemens, The Bosch chip is incompatible with the REAL upgrade, according to Rick at REAL

As a side note, I found what seems to be a A/F ratio tuner. Nextlevelracing.com It seems to be a fixed ratio tuner rather than a true tunable computer like the Apexi SAFC But man is it CHEAP!!! 119 bucks I'll call them today and see whats up.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
do the powerchip flash simple and easy...so what about high octane gas mine is running great.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts