Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone installed speakers in the rear doors of the egt hatch?
looking to put in 6 1/2s and i need to know if the lower door has enough depth?? :cool: :multiples

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I was wondering this about the rear doors in the GLS as well. Are they the same doors? I thought they were. I dunno how much more sound the car would have with them, but it's a good question?

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
My 2004 GLS didn't come with speakers in the rear doors :-/

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
None of the XDs come with speakers in the rear door, the only rears you have are either in the rear deck or in the pods just behind the seats above the rear strut mounts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already replaced the rear deck speakers and I would like to add door speakers. of course a hole will be cut in the panel.the ? is "is there enough depth? i guess i will have to pull the panel and measure...

·
Registered
26 Posts
You're also going to need to take the wiring layout into consideration. You may need to be very creative to run it through the same conduit that the rear window wiring goes through. Also, you may need to put pods in if there isn't enough depth in the door.

It seems like you're one of a kind in this project. Please take photos and post a DIY guide if you accomplish it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts