Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Gerbil Farmer
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I know I kinda dropped of the face of the earth.... Haven't posted in about a month but I'm back w/ a bang!!!

Ever sit around at night wondering what your Elantra would look like w/ 500 friggin square foot of laminate flooring in it? Ever wonder if you could even fit 500 square foot of laminate flooring, 20 strips of quarter round, a pry bar, tapping block, 500 square foot of sound proofed underlay and a few other odds and ends?

Well, I am here to tell you folks it CAN be done!!! When the guy at the pickup bay says "Not gonna happen." Tell him BS, you have an Elantra, it will happen and you don't need to friggin SUV!~!!~! :)

Here my friends, are pics!!

1 inch Eibach drop not good enough?? Try this 3+ inch WOOD drop!!!

Front end feeling a little low? Put an assload of wood in your trunk and get this..

Here's the full side view...

Inside the back seat...

Inside the trunk...

Behold the WOOD!! Well... fake wood is better than no wood, eh?

Soooo... we all know that I'll be knee deep in torn up carpet and half installed laminate this weekend but hey, tonight was a victory for the Elantra.

· Banned
11,241 Posts
Damn, if you needed a truck you shoulda PM'd me! So how was it riding home on the bumpstops?

· Gerbil Farmer
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ilan - I got the Motegi caps because they were the first ones I found that fit. Remember my tire/wheel/centercap saga!! Never could get the guy to send me the right ones so I took whatever discount tire had that would fit. I'd prefer to have the crooked H and not misrepresent but most people don't even know who Motegi is anyway... sooo... :)

Bob - I made sure to avoid speed bumps like the plague!! I only rubbed once!

I'm not too worried about the flooring, the only thing will be making my cuts as nice as possible and getting rid of the carpet when all is said and done.

· Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Word of advice, get some throw rugs to put down. We did our house last summer/fall and the echo is unbelievable. Make sure you have a few blades for your table saw, I went through 4 of them at $50 a piece for my table saw. I laid down just over 1000 square foot of it though.

· Registered
95 Posts
I'm a little bit out of it today. When I read your post the first time I thought you were going to replace the carpet in your Elantra with wood laminate. I've seen wood in a few showcars so I thought it was something insane like that. :hand:

Anyway, good luck putting it in your house.

· Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
pweber4136 said:
I'm a little bit out of it today. When I read your post the first time I thought you were going to replace the carpet in your Elantra with wood laminate. I've seen wood in a few showcars so I thought it was something insane like that. :hand:
Heheh, I was thinking the same thing.

· Gerbil Farmer
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ilan, you're making me feel all guilty about my car... :( I've got red caliper paint and plan on cleaning my rear drums and possibly painting them depending on how they look after some brake cleaner and wire brushing.

I just have a long to do list at the moment... 500sqft laminate flooring, 12x8ft lattice work corner section in rear of house (w/ posts), braided SS clutch/brake/throttle cables for my motorcycle, beach bars (i.e. wide handlebars) for the motorcycle, 2 inch rear lowering kit for motorcycle, new white face tach for motorcycle, astrel kit for car (already painted, just need to install!), paint calipers/clean drums for car... All this crap is lying around my garage waiting to be done... lol... where did my summer go???

· 19 second madman
2,506 Posts
heh...I ought to take a picture of MY wheels for ilan...he'd have a fit

I finally stopped caring about finding center caps

· Registered
2 Posts
Sweet, Next you can come and help me do my house

Whats with the Montegi caps :rolleyes:

anyway what size are they?? if they are 2 1/4" you can use the Tibby 17" one like me

The Includes extra hats were the initial one I discovered that fitted, so I purchased them. Recall the story of my wheel I was forced to buy whatever bargain tire available that would fit because I could not get the seller to send me the appropriate ones. Although most individuals have no idea who Pompeo is, I'd prefer to have the crooked and avoid misrepresenting myself. I've considered rubber tiles, but from what I've heard, the less expensive ones aren't that great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts