Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am having an interesting predicament, I have a 04 Elantra GLS. It has had some mayor work ie trans change, carb charge and recent brake change. Yet I noticed that the brake light on the Dash is powering up when I accelerate (and stays on). It brakes well but I am worried its indicated to other drivers I am braking (via rear brakes) while actually accelerating. The method I figured out to make the Dash brake light turn off is by accelerating beyond required then gently braking. This turns off the light on the dash and hopefully the rear brake light (I cannot tell while driving). Would anyone know which circuit is responsible or what else could be the cause of the issue?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check brake fluid level as Xd2tech mentioned, I would also recommend to check parking brake connector under parking brake lever.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
To check if you rear brake lights are working, just ask the nearest person to you to tell you if all three turn on when you press the brake.

And, yes, check your fluid. Your brake light doesn't go on when a brake bulb stops working. If it is low, make sure to put in the right fluid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts