Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

181 - 188 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
not totaled, but sold:

Black Obsidian 2003 Elantra GLS Automatic.
112,537 miles when the title was signed over.

Mod List:
TSX Projector retrofitted headlights
35 watt HID with D2S bulbs
Custom CAI
5% tint on 5 rear windows
"Elantra XD" third brake light
Custom Grill
meshed lower air dam
LED turn signals (for a short while anyway)
painted headlight bezels/trim
smoked turn signal lenses
smoked KDM clear corners
Diode Dynamics S2k style Shorty Antenna
"Avante XD" badge on passenger side dash
Pioneer DEH-P4000UB Head Unit
3-way 6.5" speakers up front with custom speaker mount
2-way 6x9 speakers out back
Unknown brand 10" sub in custom ported sub box...
...powered by a 250+250 Bridgable Performance Teknique Amp
Hood spacers (aka washers)
Custom trunk Emblem
Fumoto oil drain valve

this car must have loved me... i put just under 80,000 miles on it in 4 years, blew one motor, and bottomed it out and/or caught air too many times to count, not to mention miles of off-road rally-style driving, and miles of twistie-turnie canyon runs and general abuse. she still came home strong and ran like a champ.

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
this car must have loved me... bottomed it out and/or caught air too many times to count, not to mention miles of off-road rally-style driving, and miles of twistie-turnie canyon runs and general abuse. she still came home strong and ran like a champ.
i do this to mine on a daily/weekly basis... n she never skips a beat!

me n my car have a love/hate relationship. lol

·
Resident Leg Puller
411 Posts
i wrecked my 03 elantra, and swapped the front end off a 04 and rear end onto it :lol its still same color as the 04 but paintjob coming soon.......oh by the way.......pete, they unbanned me :eek: uh oh

Edit: got pics of my car uploaded

·
Registered
12 Posts
A final farewell to my 2005 Elantra. Probably the most reliable car I've ever owned . . . never had to be taken to a shop for repairs, the only thing that ever went wrong with it was I had to replace the thermostat once. She was stolen from me by some 15 year old kid who decided to play Dukes Of Hazzard with her while running from the cops causing over $8000 worth of damage . . . may she rest in peace . . .

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I agree the outside actually doesn't look too bad. I would hang on to it and part it out. Kind of let the car "live on" in some sense. I hope the cops beat the crap out of the kid when they pulled him from the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah the body actually doesn't look that bad, but the damage underneath was pretty bad. The whole front end is bent upward like an arch, tough to see from the pics. You need to get under it to really see the damage. $8200 was the repair bill, insurance totaled it out and cut me a check for $6500. Her replacement is a 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX in blue . . . kinda like the Elantra's younger, sportier cousin :)

Not sure if the cops beat the crap out of the kid or not, I'm sure he was pretty beat up from the crash already, lol. I do know that he's gonna be tried as an adult, guess he had a record already.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Goodbye Sterling, my old friend. You took me to college and faithfully conveyed me all the way from Florida to Michigan without one complaint. Though you've had your issues, they weren't many and I loved that I could work on you and learn all sorts of stuff in the process. You'll be sorely missed; even though you're only moving on to one of my friends, you'll still be loved by me.

The new car will never replace you in my <3

181 - 188 of 188 Posts