Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i Was just browsing around to see how many people in IL had elantras i thought that we should all plan a meet or something if we can get enough people. I know that we have alot of peoeple in the state around us well ;people in Wisconsin ,Indiana and Michigan are also Welcome :D .

Anyone intrested in lets start planning something in this thread!!!

·
GT_Lightweight
243 Posts
Ft. Wayne w/J-son and I know a few guys in Indy. May be willing to do something, all depends on my wife/daughter and what's going on that weekend.

SHOOT actually I just had a thought...I'm supposed to be going up to visit my folks in the western burbs sometime soon. Maybe we could do it then. Are you the only Elantra in Chicago Vicinity?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
LateAPXR said:
Ft. Wayne w/J-son and I know a few guys in Indy. May be willing to do something, all depends on my wife/daughter and what's going on that weekend.

SHOOT actually I just had a thought...I'm supposed to be going up to visit my folks in the western burbs sometime soon. Maybe we could do it then. Are you the only Elantra in Chicago Vicinity?
i think we are about 8 to 10 strong :D in the chicagoland area... all i know is there are alot of us in Wisconsin, Indiana , Illinois and michicgan.... oh and i was thinking of a meeting point such as in northwest indiana to make it fair on everone... like the Indiana nation dunes... also have found some nice place just over the michicgan border as well

picture of the dunes

here is some information as well on the area to help get this thing going

http://www.nps.gov/indu/

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
My life-scheduel sucks, but as long as I can make it -and it's not 2 hours away- I'd show up. My Elantra is no-longer "in it's prime," with the vigors of daily driving taking a toll on it (rock chips, door dings, etc), but I'd still like to show it to some of you guys.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A&F 01 GLS said:
its a long drive for us........wisconsin ppl.. theres me and another guy in Fond du lac Wisconsin... and about 3 in milwaukee. that's quite a haul for us... :redface:
we could maybe make it near chicago... the indiana dunes would only be an hour tops extra for anyone intrested in wisconsin

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Somewhere in the NW burbs off of 90 would probably be a good central location for the Wisconsin/Illinois people, and not too hard for the Indiana people to get to by taking I-90 over there. Staying away from the actual 'city' will probably be a lot easier traffic-wise for everyone involved, plus more open space/lots to meet in (like by Woodfield).

Actually, if you guys want, if whomever is interested in attending lists their zip-code, I can use some of my mapping software here at work to find a truly central location.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hyunelan2 said:
Somewhere in the NW burbs off of 90 would probably be a good central location for the Wisconsin/Illinois people, and not too hard for the Indiana people to get to by taking I-90 over there. Staying away from the actual 'city' will probably be a lot easier traffic-wise for everyone involved, plus more open space/lots to meet in (like by Woodfield).

Actually, if you guys want, if whomever is interested in attending lists their zip-code, I can use some of my mapping software here at work to find a truly central location.

yea i keep for getting about the dan ryan and all the crap happening on the roads of chi town lol.. however back on subject that sounds like a winner

·
the king of bondo
157 Posts
well
I'm from sw mi/currently overseas and would love to attend in chicago or nw indy but not till mid-late july.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts