Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, the other day, some of the guys I work with saw a black custom Elantra, the one with reflective green paint flecks and a totally covered over grille. It was at the big car show at the Airport Centre if anyone attended. Anyway they saw it right here in Whitby, does anyone know who owns that one? And on Tuesday night, I saw what seemed to be a lowered Elantra on black wheels heading down Consumers Drive in Whitby. It looked a lot like Craig's in fact, were you near Consumers Drive around 5:00 on Tuesday?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
well if I said it was before 5 I'd be in trouble for leaving work too early ;)
But ya probably was me, I work on Hopkins (just off of consumers)

I saw that guy at Tool Tyme (across the street from me) about a month and a half ago, I gave him the EXD card but have yet to see him post here. We chatted for a few, he seemed like a good guy.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on and yeah it was like 5:12pm so you're safe. I didn't realize you worked quite that close! I'm almost right at Dundas and Brock, in the same building as the post office. That's cool you talked to that guy, maybe he'll show up around here, though I suppose not all car enthusiasts are into computers.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I'm thinking the next meet will be down at that end anyway (Craig's BBQ) - I heard at the Mississauga meet that there are about 4 Elantras down in Whitby that are done up........the next meet I have in mind is over in Brantford, but I think Elantravision is heading that one up (which is cool cause I don't know anything about Brantford.) - That might potentially be in august/sept.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i see that black elantra all the time right near my house in oshawa. don't care to much about the green wheels and twin snorkel hood. it is a tricked out elantra though.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's definitely unique anyway. The other Hyundai I see all the time near Brock and Dundas is a heavily modded show Tib, an RD2, silver, massive bodykit, big wheels, huge wing, the works.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
He was at the Brampton meet last year and I think the GoKart one too.

anyways, LMAO!!!, I saw him at McDonalds on Monday at lunch and overheard him talking to some dude in a moving van who asked him what his 0-60 times were. Out his window he yells to the guy, who is now driving away, "4.6!!" lol I almost choked on a fry it was so funny

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
4.6 eh?! That's pretty impressive. Some young guy in the back of a new Cavalier on 18's asked me, "How many girth does that car got?"
I said, "How many what??"
He said,"You know, how many girth does it pull?"
I had no reply, though "4.6" could have worked or "your momma".

UPDATE JULY 21: Alright, after meeting up for a minute with Carbonman last night I started east towards Bowmanville to drop a guy I work with off and as I merged onto the 401, I saw a silver GT (5-door of course, Canada eh!) with at least 18's on it. I tried to get through traffic, but without jeopardizing my fellow motorists there was no way through and the GT got off at Harmony. Then this morning, I pulled out onto the highway and the first car coming the other way was a burgundy XD sedan with 17's maybe 18's, I caught sight of them just as he was passing by. I have my ElantraXD cards in my glovebox, I guess that's good, there seems to be a sudden increase in customized XD's, even if it's just bigger wheels.

·
Too much time spent here.
1,258 Posts
I think you may need to re-read them again Xtra. They do not say that the green speckled guy was at the meets. Steve said his co-workers saw it at a big car show. Probably at the international centre.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh boy, am I confused now too! :)

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
All of this is referring to black/green speckled dude.
Steve said:
Alright, the other day, some of the guys I work with saw a black custom Elantra, the one with reflective green paint flecks and a totally covered over grille.
carbonman said:
I saw that guy at Tool Tyme (across the street from me) about a month and a half ago, I gave him the EXD card but have yet to see him post here. We chatted for a few, he seemed like a good guy.
skycam said:
i see that black elantra all the time right near my house in oshawa. don't care to much about the green wheels and twin snorkel hood
Steve said:
It's definitely unique anyway.
Now Steve moves on to talk about silver tib.
Steve said:
The other Hyundai I see all the time near Brock and Dundas is a heavily modded show Tib, an RD2, silver, massive bodykit, big wheels, huge wing, the works.
carbonman said:
He was at the Brampton meet last year and I think the GoKart one too.
Yes. silver tib - guy we were with at DKN was at these meets.....green speckled guy I've never seen and would like some info on for sure. He apparently came by my car when I was away from it so I didn't get to meet him.

The way I originally read it was all about this green speckled guy - but now that I quote this for my reference in the nitty gritty I see where you switched over your thinking. OY - this is too much to think about at 7 am. But now I gotcha! ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
way to clear things up xtrawld! :thumbsup: :clap:

·
Registered
121 Posts
:abovelol: :halm:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts