Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 GT. When I first start the car I have to give the gas pedal a quick flick. If not and I put my foot on the pedal to accelarate the pedal seems to stick for a second.

Also, I have a manual shift. If I am driving and come to a stop, put the vehicle out of gear and into neutral the engine sometimes continues to rev around the 1500 to 2000 rmp range. After about 8-10 seconds it comes down to around 800 rpm as normal.

Do you think these two issues are related ? Maybe some part of the throttle sticking ?

·
Registered
149 Posts
wdsfr said:
I have a 2004 GT. When I first start the car I have to give the gas pedal a quick flick. If not and I put my foot on the pedal to accelarate the pedal seems to stick for a second.

Also, I have a manual shift. If I am driving and come to a stop, put the vehicle out of gear and into neutral the engine sometimes continues to rev around the 1500 to 2000 rmp range. After about 8-10 seconds it comes down to around 800 rpm as normal.

Do you think these two issues are related ? Maybe some part of the throttle sticking ?
Mine does that Too I though it was my CAI :(

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do the rpm's stick when you go to change gears... mine does that. My brother's '01 GT does the same thing. I haven't the slightest clue what that would be attributed to. I spoke to a fellow memeber and he said it has been brought up here in the forums.

·
Registered
454 Posts
check out the thread about the 3800-4000 power drop. Rshack said that when he did the flash for that it fixed the hanging rev problem. The dealership can flash it for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts