Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Elantra engine room is dirty with grease due to leaking valve cover gasket for long time. Now I replaced it and I am wondering how to safely clean the engine room. There are lots of electrical sensors and connectors near the engine. I know that water is the enemy for electrical parts. I once used engine degreaser and garden hose to clean the engine for my Sonata. Even though I wrapped the electrical parts with plastic, I experienced lots of trouble with the engine after cleaning. I saw some people use stream of steam to clean the engine. Are there anyone who have experience in engine cleaning with steam shampoo? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I use engine degreaser. I cover the after, Mac and alternator with plastic bags. Then use a can of engine degreaser and scrub really bad areas. Then just let water run over the engine. Don't use a pressure washer. Then drive for 15 min (remove plastic bags first). Then wax the engine.

·
Poster God
531 Posts
i actually just did mine today ill post picks of my engine bay in my build thread so to not clutter your thread go check it out. i forgot to shoot a before but trust me its way cleaner now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts