Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O-k.

I'm driving home after work and suddenly, my car loses power (except electrical).
I kept on tapping on the accelerator, in hopes of a miracle, but my car failed on top of a highway junction bridge, all the while pissing off many frustrated commuters trying to get home.

Anyways, after non-stop cranking, I gave up and just sat around. Then a tow truck stops by after 3~40 mins, checks out the problem, theorizes that its the timing belt (no idea where he came up with that), and wants me to crank the engine. I do so. and whadddaya know. Cranks without a problem.

The man with magical hands then comes to a diff conclusion, that this problem probably resulted because the fuel line was unable to deliver sufficient amount of fuel during high speeds. Of course, I had no idea what he was talking about and was just grinning at the man for saving me $150 for tow fee.

I turned the engine off, cranked it again and again. And it worked. Well, enough for me to take the local road all the way home.:)

That was 2 days ago and now, I'm just afraid of taking my car for work since Atlanta's morning and after-work commute isn't the prettiest thing.

Any ideas on this issue? I'd appreciate any feedback. and I'll def provide more info if it helps to diagnose what this problem might be.

Thank you ahead.

·
Acountabilibuddy
4,862 Posts
Might be a dirty fuel filter, or a pump going out. There's almost no chance of it being a line itself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts