Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Look at this covo I had with a friend of mine online.

TuNa HeLpR NiNjA (9:12:17 PM):I just bought I turbo charged 96 civic,i cant wait to race ur faglantra.

DeAdLy VeNoMz4U (9:13:09 PM): Iv seen 100's of hooked up civics they are nothing special..I dont race my car and you know this so ohh well.

TuNa HeLpR NiNjA (9:13:15 PM): lol

TuNa HeLpR NiNjA (9:13:19 PM): I dont care if im special.

DeAdLy VeNoMz4U (9:13:23 PM): A hooked up elantra is special cuz theres not many around,so shut your piehole bro.

TuNa HeLpR NiNjA (9:14:12 PM): Relax man I was messin with you.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
something I noticed about you:

you must be young, or just really insecure about yourself because you take what other people say waaaaaaaaaaay to seriously. I mean really, if you want to have people oogle at you and think you are a fast car, then go get a teggie or a civic, if you want to tune and mod a car for what it is, making things with your mind and blowing people away with your ingenuity, then mod a hyundai, i mean come on did you buy this car or have it bought for you, to mod it???

I DID, and I think the people that don't really give a fuck if someone calls it a "faglantra" did as well.

I mean no disrespect to you at all, but this is at least the third time where you took personal offense to someone saying something about you and your car.. If you don't like it, don't mod your car, don't say its fast (if you do, i don't know) and go buy a civic.

/rant

shawn :)

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
sed said:
something I noticed about you:

you must be young, or just really insecure about yourself because you take what other people say waaaaaaaaaaay to seriously. I mean really, if you want to have people oogle at you and think you are a fast car, then go get a teggie or a civic, if you want to tune and mod a car for what it is, making things with your mind and blowing people away with your ingenuity, then mod a hyundai, i mean come on did you buy this car or have it bought for you, to mod it???

I DID, and I think the people that don't really give a fuck if someone calls it a "faglantra" did as well.

I mean no disrespect to you at all, but this is at least the third time where you took personal offense to someone saying something about you and your car.. If you don't like it, don't mod your car, don't say its fast (if you do, i don't know) and go buy a civic.

/rant

shawn :)
Um no to ALL you said..Im very secure with myself and I bought my car on my own,I did not buy it to mod it but over the 3 years I had it I decided to change my mind,lol I do not run around like some lil spoiled bitch saying ohh my car is faster then yours or my rims are bigger I have a few mods to my car and the engine mods is not one of them,plus I dont race my car I dont beat on it like that,I dont beat on the engine PERIOD..I was not taking what my friend said seriously I was just posting a convo that my friend and I had,and the point of the convo was that ALOT of ppl bash Hyundai..Thats all.

Rob.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
BUT the point is the title of your post is "EVEN my friends think hyundais are gay" now this leads me to believe that you also think that Hyundais are gay and take what others say for gospel.... Just don't post something on a Hyundai enthusiast board about even YOUR friends think its gay. Who cares what your friends think? My friends think i'm a moron for modding my hyundai, but I don't bring that here, simply because I don't think its "gay" and I don't think anyone else here does either. Why introduce negative feelings about the one thing we all have in common, jeez

shawn :(

·
Registered
231 Posts
You don't think it happens to anyone else?

you own a honda civic and everyone with a V6 or more looks down on you for its lack of torque.

you own a mustang, and they say you are the typical american guy with a typical american sports car. lots of speed, and nothing else.

own any suv, and 1/3 of the america throws "GAS GUZZLER!" notice at you.

own a volvo or a minivan, you are a suburb family man with zero macho-ness in you.

on and on...

Any car you buy, someone will eventually make a negative comment about it. (unless you are driving a perfect car like the current M5, porsche 911, or any Ferrari.) If you don't like hearing these comments, you'll never be able to find a car.

If you like the car, take these BS like a man. Because once in a while, something like this happens to you:

This random mid-aged guy came up to me last winter in a parking lot and told me that my car looked very clean.

I said, "thanks. you know, it's a Hyundai."

He said, "I know! and that's just amazing!"

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've gotten lots of compliments on my car. I've also gotten lots of shit for it being a "pimped-out Hyundai". Let's face it, Hyundais (no matter how much we all like them) are still not getting much play. They are still considered low-end 'cheap' cars. You'll get negative feedback with any kind of car...even the so-called "perfect" cars listed above. I can think of PLENTY of negative things to say about the "perfect" M5. After living in Germany for three years, I've lost a lot of respect for BMWs, Merc, Audi, etc. German cars are notorious for having electrical problems. BMWs especially. They suck. Ferraris and 911s are old-guys-with-skinny-weiner-cars. See? Negative.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Not all hyundais are still in the considered 'cheap' bracket though. You'd be surprised how many half-million dollar homes near me have a Jag and a Sante Fe sitting side by side in the garage.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
You are all right. You can never avoid critics no matter what you own. I love my XD. And there are alot of XDs on this site that are hella nice cars. I think our cars done up nice and not cheapo rice rigged are very attractive. I also think that we can compete with alot of comparable imports for looks and performance.

·
love/hate thing
92 Posts
Sort of the same lines, I took my car in for some work on the tech bullets, and of course the Hyundai shop uses Honda as a service shop, but anyway one of the honda sales associates comes out and he is easily 60 years old, Looks at my car and says "I have seen a thousand hooked up Honda's this is the first Hyundai that I have seen that looks this good." All I could say is thank you. made me feel good especially coming from an old timer.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I think I have been very lucky, in that all the feedback I get has been positive. Very few people in my part of the world expect to see a Hyundai that has been modified and cared for the way our cars have been. And also "Driving is Believing" works really well. One of my customers at work was really sceptical until I took him for a drive down Rt 1 He came away from the experience with newfound respect for the flying H!

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
I have got nothing but props on my car too. I have even caught a few tuff guys thinking they where gonna dust a Hyundai until the light turned. GOD I love these cars!

·
Resident "Emo" Kid
3,526 Posts
Something I dont really get though, is HOW in the HELL did Scion's get more market things (im a modding newbie, I cant find jack for my elantra...) and why the heck do people think they can race Scions. Sure, they can looks REALLLLLLY nice, but so can XD's, yet stock Scions have a top-speed of like, 80.

But anyways, in the small city I live in, the only mods on my car I have are neon windshield nozzles, a 2nd antenna on the back of the car for my parents 2m or 4m ham radio (makes the car look like an over sized RC car, lol) and these honest to god, ghetto-riffic 'spinner' HUB CAPS. With just these things, mainly the spinners, I have gotten like, 100 compliments to 2 disses. (oh ya, forgot to mention, the spinners are from Wal*Mart and only cost me $36. $$)

Despite this, im ganna keep modding my car, cause I honestly think it is a great car that despite people's efforts to put down, it can perform well and look just as hot as any other car out there.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
OPZ said:
......With just these things, mainly the spinners, I have gotten like, 100 compliments to 2 disses. (oh ya, forgot to mention, the spinners are from Wal*Mart and only cost me $36. $$)

...... and look just as hot as any other car out there.

BWAAAHAHAAA!!

Hubcap Spinners !! ??? <<<< ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :abovelol:

·
Resident "Emo" Kid
3,526 Posts
Haha, ya, they are HUBCAP spinners. I am THAT poor. But alas, they somehow actually work with the car and manage to look alright. I MIGHT snap a few pics maybe. Just dunno where I could host them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts