Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...
after the meet yesterday FordFasteRR told me he changed the sensor on his stock TB to his evoFusion BBTB... so I figured that might be my problem... well, while I was doing this I notcied yet another problem on the TB, fixed that problem with a lock washer, but I still changed out the sensors....

Now, I was setting the idle on the BBTB and the CEL came on after setting the idle... now I'm wondering if the CEL had something to do with the change of the idle while the engine was on (I don't see how, but it could...) or maybe something to do was the sensor change...

I'm going to give the CEL a day or so, see if it turns off, sometimes even though the problem is fixed the engine still has to run a bit before the CEL turns off...

Either way the BBTB is working correctly now so thats a step forward...

can delete... I'm a idoit and forgot to reset the ECU...

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I'm glad to hear that it worked for you.. but i would like to correct one of your statements.. I did not tell you that I changed my TPS sensor... I only suggested that YOU should change yours..

MY evo fuxion BBTB actually worked out of the box...
but i was not surprised to see that yours didnt work since it already had another problem with it even before you installed it...

but i'm glad to hear that its actually working now ! :)

how does the butt dyno feel ?

edit: forgot to mention.. I have the obd2 scanner ... if you want to find out what the CEL really is then just let me know and you can swing by D&B and I can hook up my laptop and tell you right away :)

Free of charge, courtesy of ME :)

labmixz said:
Ok...
after the meet yesterday FordFasteRR told me he changed the sensor on his stock TB to his evoFusion BBTB... so I figured that might be my problem... well, while I was doing this I notcied yet another problem on the TB, fixed that problem with a lock washer, but I still changed out the sensors....

Now, I was setting the idle on the BBTB and the CEL came on after setting the idle... now I'm wondering if the CEL had something to do with the change of the idle while the engine was on (I don't see how, but it could...) or maybe something to do was the sensor change...

I'm going to give the CEL a day or so, see if it turns off, sometimes even though the problem is fixed the engine still has to run a bit before the CEL turns off...

Either way the BBTB is working correctly now so thats a step forward...

can delete... I'm a idoit and forgot to reset the ECU...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts